Need reliable farrier

GallopNTec

YES HE IS!!!! And you gave me an idea, my daughters meathead boyfriend is leaving for boot camp in 3 days.... hhmmmm

SerenitStables

happyappygirl said:
hmm...i must be on the fringe :lol: he came one day, rottncop was in the barn, he never even went back there to see if he was there (you can't miss his huge truck in the driveway), and Pat just left. when i called to see what happened to him (I thoght i'd made a mistake with my dates or something because i didn't know he came), he told me he was there, and i wasn't and i needed to find another farrier! :burning:
SO...nice or not (and he was very nice) i wouldn't recommend him for that reason alone...All things happen for a reason, I LOVE my farrier...Horselady's son. He's da bomb!! :huggy: too bad my daughter's hooked up :lol: a farrier in the family would be real nice....<sigh>

The last time I used Pat for my 3 year old, he got so mad at the pony and the pony got scared. It was sort of ugly. He didn't really seem to want to be there. That was before I moved him home, so it was hard.

I use Horselady's son too!! :smile: He is great. Was so patient with the pony. The pony is great now!!!

Wouldn't it be great to have a farrier in the family. I have thought about going to school for it, cuz it would be so nice to not have to pay for it!! :smile:

SerenitStables

HorseLady said:
I thought having a farrier in the family would be nice too - except he is soooo busy our horses are THE LAST to get done!!! Hubby had to take my mare to Rufus a few weeks ago to get shoes! Although, I think if you were dating him it would take precidence over home too! I never imagined he would be so booked. I have started to threaten to lock the fridge until our horses are done. :banghead:

That is great!!! :smile:

At least he isnt like a bunch of the young boys around here with no jobs, sponging off parents!!! :smile: Gotta be thankful for that.

Hope things are good there. Hope to see you at the banquet.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
GallopNTec said:
YES HE IS!!!! And you gave me an idea, my daughters meathead boyfriend is leaving for boot camp in 3 days.... hhmmmm

Hmmmmmm...... give him a call!!!!!!!

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
BZHorseMomE said:
Hi Horselady,

Could you PM you sons name and phone #. I have clients in Calvert and St. Mary's that are looking for a good farrier that is reliable and comes when he suppose to. Some of the horses need corrective work and others just maintance for the Hunter Show Ring. Look forward to hearing from you. :howdy:

I'll pm you the info - he really is busy - We do need more farriers in the area! I've had to scale back and be happy with trims for some of our own horses!! I did have one toughen up his feet over the past 3 months that I didn't think would be able to and now he's not tiptoeing. I have had to yank off a few shoes while he wasn't here - boy! it is not as easy as it seems!!! I was just praying I was using the right tool. Kinda like someone using the company towels to clean up after changing the oil in the car! :killingme

Sparks

Can we dig this thread up again.........

Any new farrier news?

Anyone know of a farrier that regularly uses Natural Balance horse shoes?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
You may want to contact the following:
Ziegler's Farrier Service
Port Republic, MD
410-586-8056
I got the info from the other thread, but hear he's pretty good and he's close enough to be convenient. :howdy:

He is getting out of the business I thought I had heard.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I use pat rifle now and i'm not all that impressed with him. Keeps my horse very long in toe, since I started using him my horse has been stocking up while inside. JMO

fredsaid2

I use pat rifle now and i'm not all that impressed with him. Keeps my horse very long in toe, since I started using him my horse has been stocking up while inside. JMO

Pat is great if you can get him. He's always worked w/ me and patiently listened to my "I've read this...can we try" stuff. Have you spoken to him about your issues? If you don't bring it up to him he can't address it. Did you buy the horse w/ long toes? If he's making adjustments to add more heel it can't be done overnight.

If your horse is stocking up he may simply need more turnout.

IntegritysDream

I like Pat a lot but the last time I saw him he mentioned wanting to consolidate his business and was letting some on the fringes go. He's worth a call and his number is listed in some of the old posts. A search would bring it up.

Pat Riffle is THE BEST. he is super nice, always on time, patient and knows his stuff. He has taken care of my pony and made him sound/confortable and NEVER ouchy. :yahoo: As well as Richard.. uhh what is his last name?.. not victor.. but the other one.

Richard victor is ALWAYS very late.. like 1-2hours late. Ive heard fair things and bad things about him. My friend uses him and she said hes never made her horse lame, but hes just super late all the time.

devinej

what's the current status on farriers good at corrective, really hard to keep shoes on, and club footed horses?

Duckz

I heard great things about Pat, unfortunately my only experience with him was a few summers ago with my old horse. He was impatient and rude with us, and when my horse's shoe fell off a couple days later...well...he was unpleasant and I was not a happy camper. I had to walk on eggshells just to get him to come back out and get the shoe on. Meanwhile, if my horse LOOKED at a rock the wrong way when he was barefoot, instant absess.

Honestly, that was part of the reason I moved my old horse to AMIT. Richard (not Victor, the other one) comes out at least once a week, I never need to be there to hold my horse, Bobby takes care of EVERYTHING :yahoo:

Richard Victor is pretty good...yeah, I've heard he runs late...but if you can get him on your good side, you're set. Try cookies and flirting :lmao: He does nice work on my friend's horses.

covekat

I have a new farrier (have to agree with BlissfulJumper on the long toes with PR)...anyway, very pleased with the new guy, comes out whenever we ask, and is right on time, always... his name is Rick Grahm. (from Va).. our horses feet have never looked better, and we are picky customers... pm me if you want his number!

equineconn

Hi covekat: Just sent you a PM about Rick.

We are in central Calvert and in immediate need of an excellent farrier who is reliable, knowledgeable and one who does not mind communicating with a customer. We've known Paul Goodness in Virginia for years who is absolutely the best, but we don't have the time or money to haul our 4 dressage boys below Middleburg every 5-6 weeks. We take our one boy to him for "check ups" during the year or if we run into a problem. He's incredible and a great person.

We use Kaerkhaart (spelling?) shoes with 2 nails only on each side - typically we hot shoe. Our horses don't have any problems, other than the last visit from our former farrier who did a lousy job.

We already know about Garner, Whyte, Quinn and Victor - definitely not interested. Left 3 messages for Campini and Kelley -- with no return calls, even to say if they are not taking new clients. We have dressage performance horses and need someone who knows what they are doing, is consistent and reliable -- and one who returns phone calls. I know that's asking a lot... (sigh)...

Suggestions are much appreciated - we need someone in the immediate future -- like now would not be too soon. Thanks. :)

Please respond via PM. Thanks so much. :cartwheel