need to know the difference

DQ2B

[. But what I have found is that it can make you feel a whole lot better in a situation where you feel helpless. At least you feel like you are doing SOMETHING for poor horsie.

ya I know that feeling but I was kindly reminded the other night that the vet blocked his pastern and he went completly sound so the issue is in his foot . what ever issue it is . I guess I am going to have to do some more research on foot issues thanks for all your insights you just saved me money I will be spending on the vet instead :nomoney:[/QUOTE]

FYI, if it is a foot issue here are a few very good web sites:
Pete Ramey hoof care heals founder in horse’s navicular disease farrier
Welcome to Ironfree Hoof

DQ2B

TotalControl;2994299thanks looked over it quick looks interesting will go back and read more thoughly later .. thanks again Is there anyway to get these people to help with this ??[/QUOTE said:
Paige Poss is not too far away in Marshall, VA (though she's not local either) I personnally worked with her when my older horse went lame and I decided to go the barefoot route with him. She is excellent if you can meet up with her.

Pete Ramey is one of the most passionate barefoot advocates I've had the pleasure of meeting but he is in Georgia. He was doing clinics but I'm not sure of his current schedule.

I can give you the name of my current trimmer if you want (she's not cheap but she's the best in the local area IMO and the only person I conceeded to hire after growing tired of trimming my horses myself).

A note of caution: While I believe that barefoot is more healthy for horses, IF you decide to try your horse barefoot be aware that it is not for every horse or horse owner. There are many nuances of "going barefoot" and you really have to be committed to the process and lifestyle in order to have a "high performance" barefoot horse.

cheyenne

TC,

Just noticed your post on this. FYI - R. at our barn has the whole Pete Ramey DVD series he put out last year - very, very informative material whether you're into the barefoot movement or not. That's the DVD on navicular she lent you when Rocky came up lame the first time. I'm sure if you found the link to the website interesting, you could get a lot out of the DVD if you didn't have the chance to watch it the first time you had it. Check with her and I'm pretty sure she'd be willing to let you watch it again.

It's pretty detailed stuff so it helps if you've familiarized yourself with the anatomy of the hoof before watching. He also has a book which I have and you're more than welcome to borrow. Let me know and I'll leave it in your tackbox.