PREMO Member
St. James Deli. :twitch:

Did it look like this?

FB_IMG_1517115734958.jpg

:roflmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Just wait until you reach the first episode of the first season!

That was definitely disturbing. :twitch:

I made the mistake of getting a cup of iced coffee from DD last night around 7 and was buzzing from that until the wee hours so finished that last (first) season around 2 this morning. Most excellent and looking forward to the next one! :yay:

SamSpade

Wife and I just started watching "The Last Kingdom". We've been pleasantly surprised.

Series is actually based on a series of books (which from my experience, generally delivers a superior story onscreen)
which is historical fiction about Alfred the Great. His small part of England (Wessex) is the last kingdom in Britain that has NOT been conquered
by the Danes (Vikings). I've been reading online and following this amazing story about how he eventually united England and
reclaimed the isle of Britain.

Two eight episode seasons and a third to come out soon.

Chris0nllyn

Almost done with "Dirty Money". It's a good investigative series that looks into cases of large corporate fraud. It's certainly got left-leaning narrators and story lines (i.e. alluding to capitalism being the root of all evil) but if you can look past that, there is a great deal of factual information about some of the largest corporate fraud/abuses in recent history. It may make you mad watching it, FYI.

Ep.1 - Looks into VW's EPA NOx "defeat device" used to pass emissions standards and how the company knew about it.
Ep.2 - Looks into a payday lending service owner looking at years in prison for preying on the poor using outrageous tactics and interest rates.
Ep.3 - Looks into Valent Pharmaceuticals' price gouging. This includes the "Pharma Bro" Martin Shkreli.
Ep.4 - Looks into HSBC bank ignoring international banking sanctions while they housed laundered money from drug cartels and terrorist organizations. (I enjoyed this episode as it shows just how bad this war on drugs is and how governments and banks play a role. It also shows that the US's "punishment" was laughable)
Ep.5 - Looks into the Maple Syrup industry in Canada and the overbearing regulations by the Maple Syrup Federation, leading some to hit the Syrup Black Market (this is not a joke)
Ep.6 - Looks into Donald Trump's empire. (I haven't seen thisepisode yet, so not sure what it's about)
https://www.netflix.com/title/80118100

Up next is "Rotten", another installment in Netflix's new investigative series.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Finished watching "The Last Kingdom"

LOVE it.

Think of it as Game of Thrones except - it actually happened.

glhs837

Power with Control
That looks good so far (I only caught the first 10 min or so myself).

I watched those 30 on the treadmill, then got the wife to watch them again with me to see if she woud like it. Told her to withhold judgement for the first ten, as they are a bit confusing for non-science fiction type folks, I think.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I watched those 30 on the treadmill, then got the wife to watch them again with me to see if she woud like it. Told her to withhold judgement for the first ten, as they are a bit confusing for non-science fiction type folks, I think.

I watched the first episode last night. Lots of eye candy in those first minutes and a bit confusing but it comes together as the episode rolls on.

Bonus is that James Purefoy is in it. Loved him as bad guy Joe Carroll in 'The Following.'

glhs837

Power with Control
I watched the first episode last night. Lots of eye candy in those first minutes and a bit confusing but it comes together as the episode rolls on.

Bonus is that James Purefoy is in it. Loved him as bad guy Joe Carroll in 'The Following.'

Finished watching that first episode last night. I loved the AI hotel bit. And yes to Purefoy, I couldn't place him, but knew he had been in something good.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Finished watching that first episode last night. I loved the AI hotel bit. And yes to Purefoy, I couldn't place him, but knew he had been in something good.

The hotel scene was awesome! I kept looking at the character Purefoy is playing and kept thinking I know him. He plays a very good bad guy. :lol: