Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Ricky Gervais has another series on Netflix called Derek. It's filmed like a mockumentry. It took me a few episodes to catch on. It has several of the cast members from After Life on it. It's really good.
I finished After Life this weekend and Derek was recommended to me by Netflix. I loved it and laughed so much, and was charmed to see some of the actors from AL in Derek when they were younger. Ricky Gervais has to be one of my favorite comedian/actors. His snarky observational humor is always spot on.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I finished After Life this weekend and Derek was recommended to me by Netflix. I loved it and laughed so much, and was charmed to see some of the actors from AL in Derek when they were younger. Ricky Gervais has to be one of my favorite comedian/actors. His snarky observational humor is always spot on.

Derek was a very endearing and sweet character. Ricky was never really on my radar until he put the :Iloveme's: on blast at one of those awards shows a couple of years ago. :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
After seeing an ad online for a Launderer in Piney Point, I can't understand how the premise for Ozark can be so compelling.

It doesn't pay ####!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
OUTLAWS.. a Prime/ BBC series, bunch if unknown British actors doing Community Service in Bristol England.
Then grandpa gets released from Prison after serving 8 years before starting his Community Service; and their one and only unknown American actor.. Christopher Walken.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We were watching criminals - incarcerated teenage girls, incarcerated adults. After OITNB we were on a kick but I had to stop because there's only so much ugly I can take. We bagged that to watch Season 5 of Better Call Saul to refresh our memories in time for Season 6 to start on the 18th.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
OK. I watched Star Trek Picard Season one last year.

Season one seemed OK, but not riveting by any stretch.

I've watched four episodes of season two now and the plot seems a bit schizophrenic. Also there seems to be an almost amateur/web-movie aspect to it, like it was written as fan fiction.

Am I asking too much that it measure up to the First Five?

glhs837

Power with Control
Watching For All Mankind on Apple pretty good alternate history where the space race didn't fizzle out and die

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Watched "Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey" on Netflix about the rise of Warren Jeffs in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and his shocking criminal case. It was 4 episodes of multiple marriages to young teen girls that was shocking as was the rules they followed. Wow!

Just finished first episode of Outlaws on Amazon Prime. 1 episode and hooked! I love me some Christopher Walken!!!

DaSDGuy

Talked the SO into watching an episode of Reacher on Amazon Prime. She was hooked and we watched the rest over two days. Can't wait for season 2.
Maybe I'll give Jack Ryan season 1 a try and see if she likes that too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Watched "Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey" on Netflix about the rise of Warren Jeffs in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and his shocking criminal case. It was 4 episodes of multiple marriages to young teen girls that was shocking as was the rules they followed. Wow!
I watched that when it first came out. YIKES!

PJay

Talked the SO into watching an episode of Reacher on Amazon Prime. She was hooked and we watched the rest over two days. Can't wait for season 2.
Maybe I'll give Jack Ryan season 1 a try and see if she likes that too.
Watched both and Jack Ryan season 2. If she liked Reacher she'll love Jack Ryan.