New Barn

fredsaid2

...we actually started work on it today. The hard part - buying the lumber and materials. Ouch! The little less hard part - beginning to dig holes for the supports. Optimistically I'm thinking we could have it complete in a month. So, one more board check. I wonder if I can fill any extra space w/ horses before hubby finds some cute little cow-goat-donkey or whatever else w/ four legs and a tail? He just doesn't know what he's getting into, does he. : )

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
...we actually started work on it today. The hard part - buying the lumber and materials. Ouch! The little less hard part - beginning to dig holes for the supports. Optimistically I'm thinking we could have it complete in a month. So, one more board check. I wonder if I can fill any extra space w/ horses before hubby finds some cute little cow-goat-donkey or whatever else w/ four legs and a tail? He just doesn't know what he's getting into, does he. : )
Thats good news Fred. BTW...get a pig!!! and Paso will second that:howdy:

fredsaid2

Ok, I've seen the Wee pics and read the Wee tales but somehow one cute pig doesn't erase my memories of the ones we had growing up. They, of course, were not pets. The only cute memory was of the piglets marching out single file to raid the garden. They were so little and clean and cute! :smile:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

Yeah Buddy...Persimmon and I have twin pigs...we really do...littermates that look identical...I really love my boy..you know Persimmon they will be 8 this year..

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone

WOW, we started on ares today also... but we had to level the land, and the barns going to take up like half of are main pasture:ohwell:. Lol, my moms thinking the same way, what will my dad be putting in it?? Although he already has his own shop for his cycles & junk, but half of it ends up in are tack room and hay barn(when theres room).

Lumber prices right now are out rages! It wouldnt be that bad having a goat in the barn, we had one staying with are horses for a while, they entertain people!:lmao: or scare them....

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!

Gosh, I don't know if I would get a pig for a horse companion. I was giving a lesson when a neighbor's pig wondered into the pasture....all the horses attacked that poor pig and almost killed it. I had never seen horses act like before then. Luckily the poor little pot belly pig escaped, but not without a few scrapes and a lot of bad memories.:faint:

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
WOW, we started on ares today also... but we had to level the land, and the barns going to take up like half of are main pasture:ohwell:. Lol, my moms thinking the same way, what will my dad be putting in it?? Although he already has his own shop for his cycles & junk, but half of it ends up in are tack room and hay barn(when theres room).

Lumber prices right now are out rages! It wouldnt be that bad having a goat in the barn, we had one staying with are horses for a while, they entertain people!:lmao: or scare them....

Flare, honey, it's 'our'... :huggy:

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn

Congrats on the barn Fred! When we built ours, we started in February and it was filled with horses by about May. Of course the other things like stall mats, grills and lights came along later.

fredsaid2

Thanks all! I am very tired. We dug 4 footers last night and 6 this morning. And I still have Easter dinner to prepare. Guess the house will not get quite as clean as it should be. :biggrin: It will be nice to finally have Ed's big brother home!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Thanks all! I am very tired. We dug 4 footers last night and 6 this morning. And I still have Easter dinner to prepare. Guess the house will not get quite as clean as it should be. :biggrin: It will be nice to finally have Ed's big brother home!

:wah:

J/K :huggy:

Robin

Great News Fred....We chickened out and had ours built. We had no extra time to gather materials let alone, have the time to get the barn started. I have built a barn before and it is alot of work doing it part time and any spare time you have on your hands. Its alot of hard work but a good feeling to know you did it all your way. Good Luck! Get your big bottle of advil or excederin now.:buddies: