New Biden Coin worth sixteen cents

SamSpade

Sorry, it was too funny not to share.

For those not aware, the White House recently bragged that a 4th of July dinner this year cost sixteen cents less than it did a year ago.

Planning a cookout this year? Ketchup on the news. According to the Farm Bureau, the cost of a 4th of July BBQ is down from last year. It’s a fact you must-hear(d). Hot dog, the Biden economic plan is working. And that’s something we can all relish.

That by the way, is 1% less - and it is 8% higher than 2019 - you know, the year we DIDN'T have COVID driving up prices.

Not factored into the cost is, obviously that gas prices are up 50% and inflation for many grocery items is higher - other than a hot dog or a chicken breast.
I'm not even going to mention stuff like housing and lumber.

Hijinx

If you saved .16 cents on the 4th. of July dinner this year you obviously did not have a steak, Beef is through the roof and getting higher.

SamSpade

If you saved .16 cents on the 4th. of July dinner this year you obviously did not have a steak, Beef is through the roof and getting higher.

Yeah - I ALWAYS buy beef on sale - or I don't buy it. This year it was dogs, burgers and ribs, which were a big hit, because I got to use the smoker.
Pork ribs for some reason have been HEAVILY promoted at stores over the past year or so. Not sure what the deal is. If you buy them frozen, they cost about the same per pound as chicken or ground beef (yeah, I know, you're paying for bone).

I didn't notice if THAT was more expensive - I have noticed it's hard to get gas under 2.80 a gallon, and just about everything else we buy is more expensive. I am seriously considering delaying home projects for a long time until lumber goes down.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Plywood for the boat, 15/32" exterior cdx was over $60 per sheet. The last time I bought it, it was under $20.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Plywood for the boat, 15/32" exterior cdx was over $60 per sheet. The last time I bought it, it was under $20.
Same for 2x4. An 8 footer went from about $2 to $10, and that was a month ago. Haven't looked recently.