New building built in the Lusby shopping center?

MMDad

Lem Putt
I don’t think we ever resolved what was really being built. Any new insight on what the two new buildings are going to be?

The one on the corner is Monterrey. The one closer to Guido's is Domino's and a couple of other small shops.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
I know John sold it some years ago to the owners of the naughty Gull. Was still open until a little over a month ago when I heard they had a fire. I guess there done now. Who knows what till become of the building now?

MMDad

Lem Putt
I know John sold it some years ago to the owners of the naughty Gull. Was still open until a little over a month ago when I heard they had a fire. I guess there done now. Who knows what till become of the building now?

It was the owners of the Captain's Table. No idea what's going in.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Waffle House? Or were you thinking something a little nicer?

Something nicer than a waffle house...there is only one place to get breakfast in Lusby- we have gone there- but have heard from several people that their kitchen is disgusting. There is usually a line. Hubby and I went out a couple of weeks ago, 15 minute wait and we headed up to PF to Bob Evans.
I know Jethros in Solomons has breakfast- will have to try there next time.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The one on the corner is Monterrey. The one closer to Guido's is Domino's and a couple of other small shops.

My husband is happy about this. He likes them over Mexico Restaurant and I like that it's closer than the one in San Souci.

lbreder

2into4
They need to build a Cracker Barrel. Man that place is great! We lived in TN/KY for 9 years and would always go there to eat. I know they have one in Maryland but its too darn far away! I think a 3rd mexican restuarant is a bad idea, but hey one for men and one for the ladies!

Vince

Something nicer than a waffle house...there is only one place to get breakfast in Lusby- we have gone there- but have heard from several people that their kitchen is disgusting. There is usually a line. Hubby and I went out a couple of weeks ago, 15 minute wait and we headed up to PF to Bob Evans.
Always went there for dinner and :yay: but never breakfast. Probably just as good and there's always alot of cars there in the morning.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Calvert or St. Mary's needs a Red Lobster or Olive Garden....mmmmm tasteeeee

I could see a Red Lobster if you lived in say ARIZONA.. or Nebraska.. but damn.. this is MD, we have seashore, we have seafood. Do we neeed a chain resataurant to give us what we can get better and fresher at any of a hundred locally owned seafood places?

They tried to open one in Portsmouth NH, it didn't last a year.

Well... it isnt Lusby, but Pertruzzi's in Wildewood has a breakfeast/brunch buffet from 8am - 1pm on Sundays thats pretty decent. Closer than Prince Frederick at least. I heard Bear Creek in Calloway has a Sunday breakfest brunch too. Has anyone been there?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
why would either county with such good seafood choices want some stupid chain with fried frozen junk taking up space? same goes for olive garden, how about we set our sights just a little higher.

I thought Burger King and McDonalds was setting Lusby's sights to high.

Solomons, Lusby need a Courtney's or a Schiebles.. THOSE places have atmosphere, a true Southern Md feeling.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Well... it isnt Lusby, but Pertruzzi's in Wildewood has a breakfeast/brunch buffet from 8am - 1pm on Sundays thats pretty decent. Closer than Prince Frederick at least. I heard Bear Creek in Calloway has a Sunday breakfest brunch too. Has anyone been there?

Petruzzie's sucks donkeyass. We went there ONCE, and were forced to go back for a family function.

Their food it not very good, but luckily their portions are really small so you don't have to suffer too much to eat it all.

Way too much money for the amount, and quality of food. Stay home and thaw out a Stouffers Lasagna, it's much better.

We haven't been back in probably 18 months.

GraphitePearl

Petruzzie's sucks donkeyass. We went there ONCE, and were forced to go back for a family function.

Their food it not very good, but luckily their portions are really small so you don't have to suffer too much to eat it all.

Way too much money for the amount, and quality of food. Stay home and thaw out a Stouffers Lasagna, it's much better.

I was just there for Fathers Day Brunch, which incidently was no different than the normal sunday brunch there, and it was great as usual. I've never been for a meal other than breakfast but it is incredibly good. Best place in 20mile radius to get breakfast from solomons.

I was talking about breakfeast only...

Toxick

Splat
I could see a Red Lobster if you lived in say ARIZONA..

There's a couple red lobster's in Tucson. They made decent steak :lol:

The only seafood place out there where I ate seafood was Joe's Crab Shack. The first time I went, I ordered the "Baltimore Crab Special".

It was cute.