New Cab Company

warneckutz

Wow! Those drivers are really ripping you people off now... I have the original price book from when Chesapeake Cab first opened it's doors and I have the upgraded price book from when I "quit". At no time was it ever $25 to go to those 3 bars in Hollywood unless, of course, you were coming from out of the area. Geez!

He doesn't care, it's not his money

bcp

In My Opinion
Wow! Those drivers are really ripping you people off now... I have the original price book from when Chesapeake Cab first opened it's doors and I have the upgraded price book from when I "quit". At no time was it ever $25 to go to those 3 bars in Hollywood unless, of course, you were coming from out of the area. Geez!

Town idiots have always been charged twice the normal amount.
The meter has an idiot swtich on the side just for this reason.

sdm

meters is not the way to go, otherwise the driver gets stuck with only one fare, when around town he or she can take 3 at a time, since the cab driver is the one that pays for the gas, which is why if they have to come from the park to solomons or california the cost is more..the way it works is.. $5.00 fare= 1/2 to the owner 1/2 to the driver minus taxes and gas..so the driver ends up with pretty much nothing at the end of the day. I do agree with having clean cabs and drivers, now if only cab drivers could have clean customers, believe me some of them smell like they never had a bath in their lives! The cabs need to be inspected by the sheriffs dept. since they are the ones that regulate the cabs. It's a really good idea to have a van too, especially for Vera's and tiki, or the morning after gov cup or screwpile, for a group of people to go back to annapolis, those are some fun times :) most of the time passengers have stories to tell and are in a good mood.

Hold on to your hat girlfriend!!! Looks like some excitement is coming down the road.... Maybe someone to blow Chesapeake Cab outta the water finally? Could be time for that cup of coffee... :evil:

JPCusick

My real name.
Response.

I can tell you my last book price i show for Solomons is $16.00 for 2 people and that price was put in place when gas prices were higher than they are now.... you do the math.... St. Leonard was $35.00...

I believe the Chesapeake Cabs are still running, and I have used them often as I like using the Cabs some times.

They charge $20 just to cross the bridge into Solomons and then it is more to go farther.
The bridge is given like some boundary line as it is $20 minimum from SMC to Calvert County.

Your price is not accurate - unless it is very old pricing.

:popcorn:

drivingdaisy

I don't remember what cab company but several years ago 7-8 friends and I got a cab from Tiki to Breton Bay and it cost around $60. With so many people it was reasonable. And honestly I would have been willing to pay it between just 2 of us because a DUI is much much more expensive.

What I didn't like was that it took them like and hour and a half to come get me after I called. I was way to drunk to wait that long. haha. I had even called them earlier in the night and let them know my name and that I would be calling for a cab later so they would know I was serious.

FED_UP

I don't remember what cab company but several years ago 7-8 friends and I got a cab from Tiki to Breton Bay and it cost around $60. With so many people it was reasonable. And honestly I would have been willing to pay it between just 2 of us because a DUI is much much more expensive.

What I didn't like was that it took them like and hour and a half to come get me after I called. I was way to drunk to wait that long. haha. I had even called them earlier in the night and let them know my name and that I would be calling for a cab later so they would know I was serious.

You should have thanked them for giving you more time to drink more beer.

I agree. It is so much cheaper than a DUI. :yay:

sdm

I believe the Chesapeake Cabs are still running, and I have used them often as I like using the Cabs some times.

They charge $20 just to cross the bridge into Solomons and then it is more to go farther.
The bridge is given like some boundary line as it is $20 minimum from SMC to Calvert County.

If that is the current price based on today's gas price, then I would say the new company stands a good chance of gaining quite a few new customers if they can keep up with the demand. All the company needs to do is come in a couple dollars lower and they are still high enough to make a profit and lower than the current company.

JPCusick

My real name.
Response.

If that is the current price based on today's gas price, then I would say the new company stands a good chance of gaining quite a few new customers if they can keep up with the demand. All the company needs to do is come in a couple dollars lower and they are still high enough to make a profit and lower than the current company.

When I lived in Lex Park then the Cabs would take us all around for $5, as like to Great Mills or Chancellor Run Rd $5, and I would usually give the driver $2 or $3 extra as a tip, but the same Cab came to Hollywood Dew Drop Inn and drove me 3 miles and charges me $20 and $25 and that made so I saw the tip was already included.

I say the cab simply has to make the price to suit the customer and not make the customer pay to suit the Cab, because you will get more business and get happy customers and then you can make the bigger money.

And it is not usual for any person to throw-up in a taxi, and such a thing can be cleaned up fast with a wet/dry vacuum, if it ever does happen.

:whistle:

sdm

When I lived in Lex Park then the Cabs would take us all around for $5, as like to Great Mills or Chancellor Run Rd $5, and I would usually give the driver $2 or $3 extra as a tip, but the same Cab came to Hollywood Dew Drop Inn and drove me 3 miles and charges me $20 and $25 and that made so I saw the tip was already included.

I say the cab simply has to make the price to suit the customer and not make the customer pay to suit the Cab, because you will get more business and get happy customers and then you can make the bigger money.

And it is not usual for any person to throw-up in a taxi, and such a thing can be cleaned up fast with a wet/dry vacuum, if it ever does happen.

And that's how it was run. Prices are based on zones. The cabs home base is Lexington Park. Prices are cheapest closest to home base. The farther the cab in away from the park area the more expensive the ride. There was never a "tip" factored into the price. There was however, ALOT of prices being misquoted because the drivers (including the current owner) did not know how to correctly quote the prices. The current owner was not the "brains" behind the getting the business off the ground. I have a feeling that is what is going on today. Drivers are combining zones and they are not supposed to be. None of the original drivers are there anymore that got the company off the ground. There were only 3 maybe 4 who knew how to correctly dispatch the zones. I am sure the drivers today are doing it incorrectly.

And yes you are correct, the company needs to suit the customer in price. And there were many nights a wet/dry vac was used at the local car wash so be careful what you vacuum your car out with... you don't know where it has been.

tiltedangel

Hold on to your hat girlfriend!!! Looks like some excitement is coming down the road.... Maybe someone to blow Chesapeake Cab outta the water finally? Could be time for that cup of coffee... :evil:

wooohoo! definitely time for that cup of coffee!!!!!! if they do it right they should be able to:buddies:

two cab veterans we are!!! :yahoo:

tiltedangel

time has flown wow! i know for me it has been 7 years so yes they could have been raised and changed...smd, how long for you? 3 or 4 years?

tiltedangel

you are wrong, customers throw up in the cabs all the time, pee on the seats, leave dirty diapers in there, let their children have cheetos in the cab, and yes if a person gets sick in the cab they should have to clean it up or be charged for it...and if all the prices were suited to fit your kind of customer then the drivers would not make any money and would not drive cabs, they make about $1.50 off that 5.00, the rest goes to the owner..but then again i forgot who i am trying to explain this too....:whistle:

tiltedangel

And that's how it was run. Prices are based on zones. The cabs home base is Lexington Park. Prices are cheapest closest to home base. The farther the cab in away from the park area the more expensive the ride. There was never a "tip" factored into the price. There was however, ALOT of prices being misquoted because the drivers (including the current owner) did not know how to correctly quote the prices. The current owner was not the "brains" behind the getting the business off the ground. I have a feeling that is what is going on today. Drivers are combining zones and they are not supposed to be. None of the original drivers are there anymore that got the company off the ground. There were only 3 maybe 4 who knew how to correctly dispatch the zones. I am sure the drivers today are doing it incorrectly.

And yes you are correct, the company needs to suit the customer in price. And there were many nights a wet/dry vac was used at the local car wash so be careful what you vacuum your car out with... you don't know where it has been.

when chesapeake started it was all about the customer, and what fun it was! but one owner wanted more money, and the other that is not there wanted more for the cabs, would have liked to had limos for proms, courier services and clean well maintained cabs at a fair price....they liked their customers and the customers seemed to like the drivers as well, sadly to see the cabs now is a shame :(

when chesapeake started it was all about the customer, and what fun it was! but one owner wanted more money, and the other that is not there wanted more for the cabs, would have liked to had limos for proms, courier services and clean well maintained cabs at a fair price....they liked their customers and the customers seemed to like the drivers as well, sadly to see the cabs now is a shame :(

That brings up a very good point:

MD does not require yearly vehicle inspections, but that doesn't mean you can ignore safety. Get REGULAR SCHEDULED maintenance and inspections to catch things before they become issues affecting the riders.

JPCusick

My real name.
Excellent.

And that's how it was run. Prices are based on zones. The cabs home base is Lexington Park. Prices are cheapest closest to home base. The farther the cab in away from the park area the more expensive the ride.

But that calculation is based on some made-up calculation, and SMC is not NYC.

If Hollywood is in your calculations as a high-price-zone then your Cabs will not get much business here.

There was never a "tip" factored into the price.

My point was that passengers are far less likely to give the Cad a tip when they feel that the Cab is ripping us off.

The Cad does not figure in the tip, but us passengers always do.

officeguy

Whatever you do, dont use a zone system. Didn't work in DC, doesn't work in SMC.
Put in meters, put in GPS, charge per mile driven. Dont 'base' the cabs in any particular geographic location, you cover the county, that's it. Sure there are going to be trips that are a loss because you have to drive 15 miles to get 2 billable miles, but the next trip from that gravel road may go to BWI.

If you have the vehicles and the drivers, offer shared trips to the airports. Market to the military contractors, they allways have transportation needs, offer billing accounts for corporate clients.