New DSLR

Ponytail

Been wanting a new SLR for quite a few years now. Have always been a fan of Nikons, and had to put down the ol' 35mm due to time and money constraints...Was just going through a TON of film.

Local Camera shop closed it's doors and the closest real camera shop is 45 minutes away...not all that convenient.

Anyhow, when the Nikon D90 came out a couple of years ago, I was really excited, and wanted that camera BAD.

I finally pulled the trigger, and picked up a Nikon D7000. :yahoo:

I'm super excited about it, and can't wait to start shooting again.

I'll be headed down to SOMD this weekend to work on the house, and I'll have the entire house to myself, peace and quiet, to study the book, and figure out how to use it.

BIG Step up from the N55 I had been using, with alot more dials, switches and whatchyamacallits. :lol:

Any advice from the seasoned pros to help me get started faster with this thing?

Ponytail

Remember to take the lens cap off?

:lol: Sorry.....

Don't apologize. Already made that mistake last night. :lol: Not kidding either.

Couldn't figure out why the lcd screen wasn't coming on. Kept switching it back and forth from the LCD screen, on/off, pushing this button and that trying to figure out how to un-**** whatever I did...

Took about 5 minutes. :lol:

It's been awhile since I shot with an SLR, but damn, didn't think it had been THAT long.

PT

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Forget most of the whatchamacallits.. Shoot the same way as film just remember you have a bit less dynamic range.
Gloria11x17_72.jpg