New Garage Door

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I want to replace my garage door. Stopped in at Dean to get some estimates. Cheapest (for the options I want) was $5300, most expensive was $11,000... :yikes: These were excellent quality doors with excellent reputations for post-install support, but more than I wanted to spend.

Went back thru the old posts here looking for names, but most were for repairs, a couple for complete new doors. OverHeadDoors.com is mentioned a lot but little personal experience.

Anyone have a new garage door installed recently, and have any recommendations?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When I replaced mine, I went with Sacks. 410/586-0689

Mine was a standard 1 car garage without windows. I think I paid $400. but can't really remember. It was 8-10 years ago.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
When I replaced mine, I went with Sacks. 410/586-0689

Mine was a standard 1 car garage without windows. I think I paid $400. but can't really remember. It was 8-10 years ago.
Thanx. You mentioned that in another post. Wouldn't happen to have a website, would you? Can't seem to find one.

Mine is much bigger, 16' wide, and I want it insulated with tempered glass windows in 75% of it, so it's not going to be inexpensive.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanx. You mentioned that in another post. Wouldn't happen to have a website, would you? Can't seem to find one.

Mine is much bigger, 16' wide, and I want it insulated with tempered glass windows in 75% of it, so it's not going to be inexpensive.
Sorry. I don't have one. I know yours is much larger and you have other requirements. A phone call can't hurt.

glhs837

Power with Control
I want to replace my garage door. Stopped in at Dean to get some estimates. Cheapest (for the options I want) was $5300, most expensive was $11,000... :yikes: These were excellent quality doors with excellent reputations for post-install support, but more than I wanted to spend.

Went back thru the old posts here looking for names, but most were for repairs, a couple for complete new doors. OverHeadDoors.com is mentioned a lot but little personal experience.

Honestly, what I know of window pricing, that's not bad. I dont think you'll get better elsewhere, not with 16' and mostly glass. You are after a product 80-90% of the market doesnt buy, its going to be a premium product with pricing to match. You are looking for a Raptor with base model F-150 pricing. The installer isnt the cost, it's the product.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Just put in four new garage doors, good work, reasonable price.
Very Pleased
https://www.accessgaragedoorsinc.com/

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Sacks never called back, guess they don't need the work.

Dean was supposed to call back last Friday after speaking with the manufacturer about a design option I wanted that was not standard. They haven't called back either.

Just put in four new garage doors, good work, reasonable price.
Very Pleased
https://www.accessgaragedoorsinc.com/
I left a request thru their web page yesterday, they called back by 8:30 this morning. Estimator will be here tomorrow PM. They have all the same options and designs as the Raynor door that Dean sells.

Thanx for the heads up @Bird Dog .

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We just had our final two large 14'x14' garage doors installed last week by Jamie Thomas of Thomas' Garage Doors (Jamie Thomas Garage Door
[Mobile] (301) 904-1623). Itsbob and I installed the three hi-lift 8'x10' garage doors ourselves, after assembling the rails, panels, etc..

We bought the five door kits from Garage Door Supply House (their warehouse is outside of Baltimore). We selected all of our options on-line, and they delivered to our door. We would definitely use them again. The only negative was that the timeline was 13 week from order-to-delivery on the big doors.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We just had our final two large 14'x14' garage doors installed last week by Jamie Thomas of Thomas' Garage Doors (Jamie Thomas Garage Door
[Mobile] (301) 904-1623). Itsbob and I installed the three hi-lift 8'x10' garage doors ourselves, after assembling the rails, panels, etc..

We bought the five door kits from Garage Door Supply House (their warehouse is outside of Baltimore). We selected all of our options on-line, and they delivered to our door. We would definitely use them again. The only negative was that the timeline was 13 week from order-to-delivery on the big doors.
Thanx, BG. Thought about going this route, but at this point I'd rather just contract someone to handle the whole thing. But I'll add Thomas to my list.

As far as the lead time, Dean was telling me 6 weeks for a regular sized Raynor door. They said it used to be 2 weeks, but when the pandemic hit, everyone decided to do home upgrades and at one point, lead time was 12 weeks.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Thanx, BG. Thought about going this route, but at this point I'd rather just contract someone to handle the whole thing. But I'll add Thomas to my list.

As far as the lead time, Dean was telling me 6 weeks for a regular sized Raynor door. They said it used to be 2 weeks, but when the pandemic hit, everyone decided to do home upgrades and at one point, lead time was 12 weeks.

:yay: Very much so and for many industries. Last year, when companies were trying to project their future sales to have enough inventory on hand - it was a nightmare trying to do so. Who knew what the pandemic would bring? So they didn't order as much and the demand when through the roof with all the people staying home.

PeoplesElbow

:yay: Very much so and for many industries. Last year, when companies were trying to project their future sales to have enough inventory on hand - it was a nightmare trying to do so. Who knew what the pandemic would bring? So they didn't order as much and the demand when through the roof with all the people "teleworking".
FIFY

TPD

the poor dad
I work at Dean's. Some of our kitchen cabinets have a 16 week lead time, yikes.
That’s ridiculous. Is your paint inventory affected? Just got an email from True Value explaining the paint supply issue. Apparently there Was an incident at an oil resin manufacturing facility that resulted in severe damage. Sounds like this factory supplies resin to numerous paint manufacturers.

we also have supply issues with canning jars, Rubbermaid/Sterlite storage totes, bird seed, wheelbarrows and rakes/shovels/hoes, air conditioners, and patio furniture. Just to name some.

SandieGarry

That’s ridiculous. Is your paint inventory affected? Just got an email from True Value explaining the paint supply issue. Apparently there Was an incident at an oil resin manufacturing facility that resulted in severe damage. Sounds like this factory supplies resin to numerous paint manufacturers.

we also have supply issues with canning jars, Rubbermaid/Sterlite storage totes, bird seed, wheelbarrows and rakes/shovels/hoes, air conditioners, and patio furniture. Just to name some.
Haven't heard about paint. I can check. I will get back to you soon.

Reactions: TPD

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Na, just a sore spot for me, ppl bitch and whine when I need them to actually come into work. One even commented he was in the middle of a flooring project.
Cripes! Yeah, that's crazy.

Just like trying to HIRE people right now - the hiring pool is shallow. People want to collect all that pandemic unemployment money for sitting home on their a**es.