New IHOP

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The sober-up location for my crowd was the old Bobs Big Boy in Waldorf.

Drag it out with coffee and cigarettes until 5 or 6 and go home. :otter:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But you have a Bob Evans, and they have terrific breakfast.
They used to...my missus has been a regular for years...says its because it's right on the way to or from Tractor Supply to get horse supplies. ;-p She was really disappointed to see them slide.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This is another true story....Speaking of the L'il Tavern, one night my employer sent me to the very location for some disturbance. It was a warm night in College Park, a hot spot for the young people to de-escalate after a night of fun and frolic at The Rendezvous. Anyway, two pranksters took the literal meaning of a sign on the door entering Le Club LT. Specifically the sign read, "no shoes, no shirt, no service". Complying with managements rules, the men wore shoes and a shirt. Thats all.
ahh yes..the 'vous...Varsity Grill..etc. Back in the late 70s I still lived up in Howard County but had a close cousin my same age that was attending UM. I and some buddies would hit College Park fairly regularly to contribute to the mayh..er...em..have a good time. Drinking age being 18 back then too..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
didja storm the Bastille and Mr. Henrys too? what about Starlite, hairy 45 year old chunky women with fishnets...
I do recall - dimly - the Bastille. That's about it though...other activities revolved around the female dorms...as best I still recall.

When my youngest daughter attend UM some 40 years later, I don't think it was the same party town it had been back in my day.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Le Club LT in College Park was my destination after 2am. :)
Through the late 70s, that little tavern was my Uncle Jessie’s second stop every morning on the way to work.

The first stop was for Beer and Ice. :lmao:

Grumpy

Not sure where the stop was.

I do remember he also stopped at the newsstand in Queens chapel to pick up a racing form
There's(or was) a bar in Queens Chapel called Smitty's(I think) where a ton of older guys hung at. Wonder if your uncle hung out there also. A friend's father loved that place, took him there a few times in the 80s and I swear you had be be 75 to get in that place. I am kinda vague on exactly where it was but it was close to where the drive in was. Wife's grandfather went there alot and he was 80something at the time.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
There's(or was) a bar in Queens Chapel called Smitty's(I think) where a ton of older guys hung at. Wonder if your uncle hung out there also. A friend's father loved that place, took him there a few times in the 80s and I swear you had be be 75 to get in that place. I am kinda vague on exactly where it was but it was close to where the drive in was. Wife's grandfather went there alot and he was 80something at the time.
I do remember Smitty’s. It was right there off Ager road in fron of Palmer Ford. Just down from Lee’s restaurant.

Only place I remember him hanging out what is TickTock, or Dot and Lou’s.

mitzi

ahh yes..the 'vous...Varsity Grill..etc. Back in the late 70s I still lived up in Howard County but had a close cousin my same age that was attending UM. I and some buddies would hit College Park fairly regularly to contribute to the mayh..er...em..have a good time. Drinking age being 18 back then too..

I went to the Varsity Grill a few times. That place was wild.