New Indian places comparison

frozenrain

I so need to eat Indian food now.

Sorry just needed to let that out.After reading this I will be checking out the Bollywood sooner or later.
Not today though:bawl:

jackers

Hi Amit... before i go any further writing in response to your review, let me introduce myself to you..My name is Sunny and i am the owner of the indian restaurant in san souci under the name of bollywood masala... i really appreciate the time you have taken to write about and compare about both the indian restaurants in the st. marys county area.. i am also very sorry, for your not so pleasant experience when you stopped by bollywood masala..

Now when u talk about the chicken tikka masala not tasting authentic or we trying to do an easy job, well i must say that from the description that you gave me .. you either ordered the wrong dish or we buy accidentally gave you the "chicken Masala" you are absolutely correct n tell everyone here about how the chicken tikka masala should be made and that is exactly how it is made.. now chickent tikka masala at our restaurant will not come in a creamy sauce like it does in most of the other restaurants which is not the way it should be.. if you go with the literal meaning of the dish.. Chicken tikka... that is boneless chicken made in the clay oven.... and the masala is technically made out of onion gravy but has nothing to do with cream.. IF you are looking for the creamy sauce, you should order whats on the menu under the name of Murg MAkhni.. also known as butter chicken.. next time you come in .. just ask for me and i will make sure everything is served the right way .. :)... also for the service.. i would really appreciate if you could tell us in detail what exactly was not that great...
our whole concept behind the restaurant is to provide you a friendly environment where you feel like you are going to dinner at a friends house rather than a restaurant.. and i must say that you are soo Right about the cleaning part.. because we did do a LOTTTT of cleaning to open the place..
Also, for the buffet that we have , i really wanted to let you know, that we are probably the only restaurant in the entire DC metropolitan area( or atleast all that i have been to ) that does not repeat any dish everyday.. you can come here 5 days straight and you will not see the same dish on any 2 days..
i again want to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to write this review.. and we are open to all criticism, it just gives us areas to work on and make ourselves better..
hope to see you soon, and will try our best to make that experience a pleasant one.
Sunny

Sunny, you just sold me on visiting your restaurant. I am very interested and will be in tonight or tomorrow!

IanCaw

I hope Sunny is still reading this thread!

Well even if he isn't, maybe someone who has been to Bollywood masala has been there recently. I was there back in February and it was wonderful, Sunny suggested the Lamb Vindaloo and it was pretty spicy, I enjoyed it.

But I am looking for EXTREMELY spicy -- I know Madras is thought of as the "spicy" indian dish, but I've heard of something else called "Phaal" which is supposed to be the absolutely hottest dish attainable in indian cuisine.

Does anyone have any experience with Bollywood Masala making a Phaal dish? Sunny, if you're reading this, would you be able to make something of the sort upon request? I don't want ot sound like I didn't enjoy my prior meal there, it was great, but if I were to return, I'd love to see just how spicy you could make a dish!

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!

Well even if he isn't, maybe someone who has been to Bollywood masala has been there recently. I was there back in February and it was wonderful, Sunny suggested the Lamb Vindaloo and it was pretty spicy, I enjoyed it.

But I am looking for EXTREMELY spicy -- I know Madras is thought of as the "spicy" indian dish, but I've heard of something else called "Phaal" which is supposed to be the absolutely hottest dish attainable in indian cuisine.

Does anyone have any experience with Bollywood Masala making a Phaal dish? Sunny, if you're reading this, would you be able to make something of the sort upon request? I don't want ot sound like I didn't enjoy my prior meal there, it was great, but if I were to return, I'd love to see just how spicy you could make a dish!
I don't know about Phaal; but their Madras is extremely hot....the hottest Madras I've ever had. They have really pumped up the heat.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

I told him about it but also you can tell him or the waiter hot hot you want it.

sunny123

hi Ian,
i am glad i read this.. we personally do not make that dish but i have heard of that dish..
from what i hear about it, it is nothing but hot.. have u tried our madras?? we most of the times even when u order the madras u get makhni madras just coz we know how hot it is and we know the customer will not be able to handle it. but if you have not .. i invite you to come over anytime and i will get u a sample of the madras sauce... i recently also found out about a new pepper that they have discovered in india and will be ordering that soon and making a sauce out of that. well next time u come in.. just ask for me and introduce yourself and i will take it from there... lol.. soumds good ?? and i promise u wont be dissapointed.. :)

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Bump, so people know who I was talking about when I mentioned Sunny in the restaurant thread