New light at Old Great Mills Road?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I really think this is overkill. Additional lights that is. I drive through every evening, I take "the shortcut"(why its called that is beyond me.) I am not committing a crime by cutting through a parking lot to avoid a light. I feel as though I am doing a service by taking away from the bottle necking that happens at the bottom of GM road. I am not in that 500 yd stretch of road for more then 30 seconds to 1 minute at most thus taking myself out of the line up of cars who prefer not to take OGMR or are making the left. This is because most of my fellow drivers allow me to merge right into traffic, takes them all of a second or so, a mere second, to allow another car to merge in front of them not by stopping but by slowing down just a bit and if we all would just let one car merge instead of hitting the gas to avoid the other car from sharing the road then that stretch of road would be a breeze. But just my thoughts.

And the other idiots like you that do it, back up OGMR and don't allow the people to come out of Sheetz, who need to go 5 North.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Until they widen RT 5 maybe, just maybe they should consider making GM Rd one left hand turn lane and one right hand turn lane.
Shut the "shortcut" down and then time the lights better. Better yet, put a light further SOUTH on Rt. 5 so that the NB traffic doesn't fill the road between Indian Bridge and 246 - giving the GM Rd traffic some place to turn.