New Metallica Song

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

After they cut their hair, it was all downhill :ohwell:

...that's why I selected a more recent vid; they CAN still play, short hair or no. Good Lord, they could single handedly drag metal out of this D tuned nightmare we've all been living in for over a decade and bring back actual guitar playing.

...was significantly worse than I'd expected. And I expected it to be crap.

Why even mention Kirk Hammet? I didn't hear one note that wasn't rhythm.

Example of good Metallica:

FF to 3:55

YouTube - Metallica - Hit the lights

That is why I said it was "not bad" - I listened to Cyanide and that is even better...

FF to 5:38 - Sorry, KH sold his soul to play like that.

...that's why I selected a more recent vid; they CAN still play, short hair or no. Good Lord, they could single handedly drag metal out of this D tuned nightmare we've all been living in for over a decade and bring back actual guitar playing.

Yes - they can play. Their last album was trying to be to artsy or something. I could not put a finger on it.

Bottom line, I will probably get this album just like all the others... hopefully it will not get back shelved like St. Anger... :ohwell:

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
I liked St. Anger.

There. I said it.

I don't like it as much as their older stuff, and the snare drum took some getting used to, but I think the album is an acquired taste, and I like it.

Specially Frantic.

I also liked Load and Reload. I don't care what anyone says. They were good albums.

I'm very much looking forward to the new one. I heard it's supposed to be reminiscent of the Master of Puppets era.

Kerad

I liked St. Anger.

There. I said it.

I don't like it as much as their older stuff, and the snare drum took some getting used to, but I think the album is an acquired taste, and I like it.

Specially Frantic.

I also liked Load and Reload.

I'm very much looking forward to the new one. I heard it's supposed to be reminiscent of the Master of Puppets era.

:lol: :yay:

I tried so very hard to like St. Anger. I listened to it so much at first..thinking that maybe just one more listen would flip the switch.

Nope.

Frantic is a decent song, though, if I remember correctly...it's been a very long time since I heard it. That album is the banished album of my Metallica library. It's as if it never existed.

I liked all their other stuff, though.

From the sneak peeks I've seen on Mission Metallica...the new album should be very....very good.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I got...

...no beef with the Black album or Load. Reload started this thing of trying to hang everything on Hetfields voice and inflection and so forth, as I see it.

That was the first metallica album I didn't get.

St. Anger, to me, same thing; let James do it all with the voice plus they got into the drop tuning stuff and relied on that for all the weight. And Lars should have been SHOT for that tinny snare crap. My God. :jameo:

I loved them all but I had to listen to Reload a couple of times before I really started to dig it. Now I love the album as much as the other ones. The older ones are the best...

St. Anger - one or two songs and that is about it...

I think I have Garage Inc. loaded in my truck - I am going to have to listen to it on the way home. :lol:

B

Big Fatty

The ONLY Metallica album worth owning is And Justice for All. That was their peak. Before and after that album they stunk.

Worship the Devil. All hail sludge. Tuned low and play slow.............

T

toppick08

The ONLY Metallica album worth owning is And Justice for All. That was their peak. Before and after that album they stunk.

I always liked Master of Puppets, too...:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You've...

...just indicted yourself as un kewl.

:lol:

Kerad

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my download of "My Apocalypse".

Uhhhhh.....I think what's left of my brain is bleeding.

Stunning.

#### YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:larry: :dude::shocked:

This album is gonna RocK.

Last edited: