New Webpage for SMHA

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I'm not advertising. Just merely passing along the information. Sure is better they the old website they had. Kudos the new website looks great. :yahoo:

K

Katie

BZHorseMomE said:
I'm not advertising. Just merely passing along the information. Sure is better they the old website they had. Kudos the new website looks great. :yahoo:

Thanks!

I was wondering why the website was not up to date at all.

Carm

I got a horse again!! :)
hope

I hope this isn't considered advertising. Just want to pass along some dressage show dates. I just got an email from Begin Again Farm of their dates, April 29, June 24, July 22 and Aug 19
I don't have anything to do with the scheduling, please hold me harmless.

BZHorseMomE

Katie said:
Thanks!

I was wondering why the website was not up to date at all.

Not a problem. :howdy:

Does anyone know who to contact to get the calender on the Hoofbeat website for So. MD updated??? :confused:

Also found out that AMIT is having a George Emge clinic this Saturday, Feb. 28th.

Again, not promoting. Just glad we have more events going on in So. MD. :howdy:

K

Katie

BZHorseMomE said:
Not a problem. :howdy:

Does anyone know who to contact to get the calender on the Hoofbeat website for So. MD updated??? :confused:

I don't know.

spellbound

BZHorseMomE said:
Also found out that AMIT is having a George Emge clinic this Saturday, Feb. 28th.

Saturday is the 24th. The clinic is actually only open to the public on Sunday. If i'm the one that told you it was Saturday, I apologize. George is doing sessions on Saturday but all of those sessions are reserved for the college program.

BZHorseMomE

spellbound said:
Saturday is the 24th. The clinic is actually only open to the public on Sunday. If i'm the one that told you it was Saturday, I apologize. George is doing sessions on Saturday but all of those sessions are reserved for the college program.

:jameo: Spellbound thank you so much for catching that. :howdy: I was looking at January 2007 instead of February when I posted that. :yay: Sunday, February 25th is the correct date.

BZHorseMomE

fredsaid2 said:
BZHorseMomE said:
Does anyone know who to contact to get the calender on the Hoofbeat website for So. MD updated??? QUOTE]

Contact info from the site:

Send info to: hoofbeat4@lycos.com

Hopefully it's still valid.

Thanks Fred :howdy: Finally found an e-mail address on the website and sent a message yesterday. Going through all these posts and searching various websites is time consuming. I do check the Equiery Calender online, but many of the shows in So. MD don't submit there dates to the Equiery. I don't know if they are trying to keep there show entries small, if they have enought lesson horses (& clients to fill the classes), or just want to keep the shows for local people?? :jameo:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
mygoldnhorse said:
No barrell racing :cussing: again this year. We are so left out!

I did it! I sent an email to SMHA and asked about having Barrel Racing & Poles added to their classes. I heard back this morning :getdown: and the suggestion is that I present the request to their board of directors. So now its time for anyone who is interested in doing the SMHA circuit to step up and make it known. It looks like all the Western events are on Saturday, so I imagine they would add us in on that day. I know of alot of girls on the Eastern Shore that our just dy'n to do some barrel racing but are not interested in NBHA/IBRA showing so this may work for them also.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
mygoldnhorse said:
I did it! I sent an email to SMHA and asked about having Barrel Racing & Poles added to their classes. I heard back this morning :getdown: and the suggestion is that I present the request to their board of directors. So now its time for anyone who is interested in doing the SMHA circuit to step up and make it known. It looks like all the Western events are on Saturday, so I imagine they would add us in on that day. I know of alot of girls on the Eastern Shore that our just dy'n to do some barrel racing but are not interested in NBHA/IBRA showing so this may work for them also.

You can sign my name to the petition list :coffee:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
:yahoo: woot woot!!!!!! thats awsome, if u need ppl to go with u for support just tell me when and where. u should also contact the msa, if we get ppl to email them or if i or someone else (hint hint) goes to the meeting and propose it again they would add it to the list. i hate talking in front of ppl, and i give in too early if they argue...

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
flarenuphope said:
:yahoo: woot woot!!!!!! thats awsome, if u need ppl to go with u for support just tell me when and where. u should also contact the msa, if we get ppl to email them or if i or someone else (hint hint) goes to the meeting and propose it again they would add it to the list. i hate talking in front of ppl, and i give in too early if they argue...

Yeah if we can get this going that will be 5 more shows to do. I figured it never hurts to ask but I have to say I was surprised 1st of all to get a responce so quickly and also that it is something they may consider.

I'm not sure what msa is?

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
maryland saddle association
this is what they told me:

We did consider adding speed classes to the end of the day on Sundays.
I
have included the list of classes below. Ultimately, our current
members
did not think it would be well attended. And the Board had to decide
how
many classes to add to that ring. At this time, we have not added
these
classes to the schedule. HOWEVER, we have not finalized the prizebook.
Please tell me what your interest is with the classes. We'd be willing
to
look at this subject again if we knew people were really interested in
attending. Our main focus is to increase participation in that ring.

Reduced Speed Barrels
Reduced Speed Pole Bending
Reduced Speed Plug Race
Barrel Racing
Pole Bending
Key Hole

Our current schedule is attached. The speed classes would be after the
Trail classes at the end of Ring 3.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Carm said:
I hope this isn't considered advertising. Just want to pass along some dressage show dates. I just got an email from Begin Again Farm of their dates, April 29, June 24, July 22 and Aug 19
I don't have anything to do with the scheduling, please hold me harmless.
Why don't you put the events in the Community Calendar - http://somd.com/calendar. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in it.