NEW YORK convention:...hmm?

What will happen at the RNC at NYC?

• Standard convention, no splits, few controversies-boring.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Typical Bias from the networks...more coverage of wackos

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Violence, looting, "police brutality" and chaos

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • New ideas on Flat Tax, war on Terror, Allies...good speeches.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

Bogart

Kain99 said:
Dear Vriai,

I know I shouldn't act like your momma but...... Be careful. The flakes are buzzing like bees right now.

Lexington.Plans to bomb subway station

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Two men arrested for allegedly plotting to blow up a New York City subway station had also scouted out other locations in the city, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Saturday.

"It is important to stress that to the best of our knowledge, they had no ties to international terrorist organizations," Kelly told reporters. He also said there is "no indication" their activities were related in any way to the Republication National Convention, which begins Monday in Manhattan.

The men were arraigned Saturday in U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn, on charges that they conspired to blow up the 34th Street subway station at Herald Square.

They were identified as Shahawar Matin Siraj, 21, of Jackson Heights in Queens, a native of Pakistan, and James el-Shafay, 19, of the city's Staten Island borough, a U.S. citizen.

The men's motive appeared to be "basically hatred for the system," Kelly said. He said they talked about the commercial shops at the subway station, and also talked in general terms about explosives being placed at the 42nd Street station and the station at 59th Street and the station at 59th Street and Lexington.

Love Gizmo~
:ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain99 said:
Average reply of NY citizen when we asked about this: "Huh? Oh...yeah...whatever..." :lol:

Nothing in Times Square tonight - we DID have drinks at the Rink Bar at Rockefeller Center, however. So we went trolling down by MSG - still nothing. Two aging lesbians with t-shirts that read, "STOP the Bush-Cheney Agenda!" - that was it. I think this is a hoax.

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
So we went trolling down by MSG - still nothing. Two aging lesbians with t-shirts that read, "STOP the Bush-Cheney Agenda!" - that was it. I think this is a hoax.
:confused: Isn't that kind of dumb? I thought I saw Cheney out on the campaign trail saying he thought the gays - (lesbians are included in this group too, aren't they?) - saying he was for equal rights for those folks?

Maybe it was old shirts they were wearing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We seen 'em! We seen 'em! Right across from our B&B they were having a rally with none other than Michael Moore at the microphone!!!! And me with no camera!!!! We just ran out to find a hip pack so I could ditch my purse and there they were. So if you see footage of a rally in Chelsea and hear someone chanting "Free Zach Keeney" - that was ME! :lol:

We're off to Union Square (WITH the camera) to catch up with them - a woman wearing a "Build schools, not bombs" t-shirt told me where they were going to be.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde So if you see footage of a rally in Chelsea and hear someone chanting "Free Zach Keeney" - that was ME! :lol:[/QUOTE said:
:confused: OK, I musta missed this one: Who's Zack Keeney, and why is he not free?
Does he come with a price?

Christy

b*tch rocket
vraiblonde said:
We seen 'em! We seen 'em! Right across from our B&B they were having a rally with none other than Michael Moore at the microphone!!!! And me with no camera!!!! We just ran out to find a hip pack so I could ditch my purse and there they were. So if you see footage of a rally in Chelsea and hear someone chanting "Free Zach Keeney" - that was ME! :lol:

We're off to Union Square (WITH the camera) to catch up with them - a woman wearing a "Build schools, not bombs" t-shirt told me where they were going to be.

:tantrum: Blasted! You MUST remember that camera! :tantrum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon said:
Looks like I missed another good freakshow. :banghead:
Nope! I got pics and video! After I wrote the last post, we went back out and they were starting to march. So I ran across the street to get a better vantage point and ended up marching with them for about 3 blocks so I could get back across the street to where Larry was. :lol:

Actually, everyone was very nice - we didn't see any aggressive behavior or anything like that. What was surprisingly absent was any support for John Kerry. A few folks here and there had Kerry buttons on but it was mainly a Bush-bash.

And some of the slogans were genuinely funny, although most were stupid and hysterical. But the crowd itself was entertaining. I'll put up the pics tomorrow.

Hessian

Otter....

What a great collection of loonies!
I love the Planet of the Apes "Heston-T.H.Kerry smooch!"
Someone post it on here...I am not that savvy!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Hessian said:
What a great collection of loonies!
I love the Planet of the Apes "Heston-T.H.Kerry smooch!"
Someone post it on here...I am not that savvy!

:lmao: Here you go:

A kindhearted Charlton Heston surrenders to his feelings of pity for the wretched, misshapen creature, and gifts an everlastingly grateful TerAYza Heinz Kerry with a little much-needed "Hot Moses Lovin'." :)

Attachments

• PlanetApes1.jpg
    PlanetApes1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 84