NEWBERG: Major Accident

AndyMarquisLIVE

301 is closed - Happened around 6:30pm, anyone near that area on 301 at the time is being asked to come forward with any information.

REPORT of one car speeding away at the time of the crash. There were three teenage girls in the car and one 6-month old baby. Wet road conditions, speeding (possible drag racing), sand inexperience driving are being called factors to the crash.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
You know, I remember when I was a kid and I did some stupid things, we all did, but does it seem like it's getting worse?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Yeah, I'm 17, know what it's like. People go out and start fires and all. It's idiotic.
:lmao: No you get me wrong. I'm not trying to make a blanket statement. It just seems that fewer are doing things more extreme and therefore making it seem worse than it is. For example, I don't remember there being as many fatal accidents involving minors as there seems not. Maybe it just wasn't in the news 12 years ago I don't know.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
They said the accident occurred in the "driving rain", but at the time of the accident, I was about 4 miles north of there, and never saw any rain. Weird. My parents live near the Bel Alton VFD, I remember hearing the siren that must've been for that call.

According to WSMD, a 17 year old girl was driving too fast for conditions (and driver skill) and went into a ditch, struck a number of trees. She was ejected from the car and died. Her 7 month old baby was in a car seat and was also killed in the crash. I feel sorry for the baby and its father/grandparents.

donbarzini

Bustem' Down said:
......Maybe it just wasn't in the news 12 years ago I don't know.

Bustem... I think you hit the nail on the head. We just didn't hear about all this back then because news was only on for 30 minutes a night. Now anyone with a computer can find out anything within 30 seconds.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
donbarzini said:
Bustem... I think you hit the nail on the head. We just didn't hear about all this back then because news was only on for 30 minutes a night. Now anyone with a computer can find out anything within 30 seconds.
Yeah, maybe that's it. I just don't remember the fatalities. We did a lot of stupid stuff sure, but no one got killed. 301 is hell though. I don't know what it is about that road, but it seems that the speed limit is just a suggestion to most people. The other roads aren't bad like that that I've seen, just 301.

nomoney

Nosferatu said:
If only she had more constructive activities to fill her time, perhaps then she would not have been street racing. If only she had seen this.
I was going to post something similar this morning...but figured it was too soon; and was even too low even for me.....dayum-I guess I coulda used my mpd too. :dangitall: