Next Month..

K

Katie

I will own my horse!!

I have been leasing him since December, and every month I love him even more. He is really trying to be a good boy, just somedays he is better than others.

I am SO excited because he really will be mine.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Katie said:
I will own my horse!!

I have been leasing him since December, and every month I love him even more. He is really trying to be a good boy, just somedays he is better than others.

Whoo Hoo!!!! :yay:

fredsaid2

riderup said:
Katie said:
I will own my horse!!

Be careful, they are addictive. You can't just have one... :really:

Sure you can, when you have to pay to board them! That and hubby have always been a fail-safe deterrent. :lmao:

Congrats Katie, we're excited for you!

Thomas99

Thats great Katie! It was nice of J to wait to sell him so that you could buy him...I know that she was trying to sell him before x-mas. She said that you two are very good together and you are good for him.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Katie: How much does it cost to "lease" a horse for a month? Just curious. I have thought of that on more than one occasion. I assume they feed them and you ride and do the care taking?

K

Katie

BS Gal said:
Katie: How much does it cost to "lease" a horse for a month? Just curious. I have thought of that on more than one occasion. I assume they feed them and you ride and do the care taking?

It depends on the type of lease and the barn.

I liked leasing because it gave me time to decide if I really wanted to own a horse, and if we clicked. Ashton and I have our moments, but for most of the time we do well. Today we had one of those days that it was a battle of the wills.

K

Katie

Thomas99 said:
Thats great Katie! It was nice of J to wait to sell him so that you could buy him...I know that she was trying to sell him before x-mas. She said that you two are very good together and you are good for him.

Yeah...I started leasing him in December and it was touch & go for a couple of weeks.

Now I have more time to ride him, and we are starting to come together. We still have a lot of work to do, but he has made some serious progress in the last month or so. He is happy when I ride him, and enjoys it. Tomorrow I need to do some ground work with him. He seems to have had a brain fart on some of his manners.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Katie said:
Yeah...I started leasing him in December and it was touch & go for a couple of weeks.

Now I have more time to ride him, and we are starting to come together. We still have a lot of work to do, but he has made some serious progress in the last month or so. He is happy when I ride him, and enjoys it. Tomorrow I need to do some ground work with him. He seems to have had a brain fart on some of his manners.
So how much did you pay to lease? I'm trying to get a ballpark figure. You're up at Bubby's, correct?

Loper

Animal Poor!
riderup said:
Katie said:
I will own my horse!!

Be careful, they are addictive. You can't just have one... :really:

Yeah I'll go with that! 4 years ago I knew nothing about horses and brought my nephews horses from Texas to Southern MD. That was 2 horses, I've grown my herd every year by one. I now have 5, learning every day and they are addictive. I have the sign that you can't have just one!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Katie said:
I will own my horse!!

Ashton is the luckiest boy ever!!! I'm so happy for you. You sure are a proud Mom!!! :yahoo: Maybe I can catch up with you at FIF so I can see Ashton go.

Hope your final weeks of school aren't stress you out to much.

K

Katie

BS Gal said:
So how much did you pay to lease? I'm trying to get a ballpark figure. You're up at Bubby's, correct?

Yes...I am up at Bubby's.

I have my paperwork so I will just put it from that. This is the most updated rates.

250 Half Lease-ride 3 days a week only. One lesson from a instructor is included in the prices & days.

350 Full Lease-ride 6 days a week only. One lesson from a instructor in included in the prices & days.

Must commit to one day a week lesson.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Katie said:
I will own my horse!!

Congratulations! I can still remember the exciting moment of getting my 1st horse. One you'll never forget.

SerenitStables

Katie said:
I will own my horse!!

Congrats Katie!!!!! :smile:

Duckz

Katie said:
It depends on the type of lease and the barn.

I liked leasing because it gave me time to decide if I really wanted to own a horse, and if we clicked. Ashton and I have our moments, but for most of the time we do well. Today we had one of those days that it was a battle of the wills.

Is Ashton about 16 hands, bay QH/TB gelding? And did he used to live at AMIT?