NFC = Ancient History....

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The NFC is a long gone thing of the past !.
The AFC is the dominant conference of the New Millennium !!!!!!

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You're joking right?

I think that game was up there with one of the most boring Superbowls I have ever seen. I'm not even sure if the Colts won or the Bears lost the game. I didn't see anything outstanding at all.

Last edited:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cattitude said:
You're joking right?

I think that game was up there with one of the most boring Superbowls I have ever seen. I'm not even sure if the Colts won or the Bears lost the game. I didn't see anything outstanding at all.

Referring to the entire new millennium, not even counting the Ravens win for
the 2000 season in 2001 because the new millenium didn't really start until 2001!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
cattitude said:
I'm not even sure if the Colts won or the Bears lost the game.
Aren't you two pretty much saying the same thing? :confused:

The AFC is the dominant side of the League... for now. These things come and go, like a pendulum. Similar to politics.

I am an NFC fan, but respect the Colts because they are excellent.

MMDad

Lem Putt
cattitude said:
I think that game was up there with one of the most boring Superbowls I have ever seen.
:yeahthat: Sloppy playing, ghey halftime, mediocre ads.

There were a few good plays, but nothing really great. Boring.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hvp05 said:
Aren't you two pretty much saying the same thing? :confused:

The AFC is the dominant side of the League... for now. These things come and go, like a pendulum. Similar to politics.

I am an NFC fan, but respect the Colts because they are excellent.

Yup, I know, just stirring up the pot...:killingme

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
MMDad said:
Yeah... I am resistant to being so blunt, because I think the Colts deserve the accolades. But the second half was a snoozer no matter how you look at it.

AndyMarquisLIVE

hvp05 said:
Yeah... I am resistant to being so blunt, because I think the Colts deserve the accolades. But the second half was a snoozer no matter how you look at it.
Well, terrible game and terrible officiating. The dude was out of bounds, and if the officials would have gone and used their eyes, they would've seen him tear up toe astroterf.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ditto that...

FireBrand said:
The NFC is a long gone thing of the past !.
The AFC is the dominant conference of the New Millennium !!!!!!

...the Colts simply dominated and should have won by 3 or 4 td's, easy.

Colts, Pats, Chargers and probably the Ravens are clearly better than anyone in the NFC.

B

Bruzilla

Someday, someone's going to have to sit my butt down and explain to me how Peyton Manning deserved to be the MVP last night, along with why the heck he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. There was one of the talking heads on CBS raving about what a HOF QB Manning is even if he loses the game. WTF is that about??? Granted Manning has won a lot of games, but so have a lot of other QBs who never made it in. Granted Manning holds the record for most touchdown throws, but would he have beaten the record if Marino had been able to play 16 games the season he set the record?

I'm glad to give Manning his due, but his performance last night was pitiful compared to some of the plays of his defense. And how about his offensive line? I only saw Manning get knocked down twice, and he was almost completely protected from one of the NFL's best defenses, and even with all that protection Manning can't muster much of note. Lastly, did you see how he was yelling and whining after every play that didn't go his way? How does a guy who berates his team mates, and doesn't seem to see that he might be the problem, get to be MVP???

I think that the choice of Prince was a good one for last night's halftime show. Both he and Manning have gotten a lot of milage out of a little bit of performance. Prince is still sucking off the 24-yr old Purple Rain teet and Manning is still trusting to the sportscasters to keep him looking good.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
First off...

Bruzilla said:
I think that the choice of Prince was a good one for last night's halftime show. Both he and Manning have gotten a lot of milage out of a little bit of performance. Prince is still sucking off the 24-yr old Purple Rain teet and Manning is still trusting to the sportscasters to keep him looking good.

...qb's almost always get the SB MVB and not a one of them did it with even a mediocre performance by their O line.

Second, who the heck else deserved MVP last night? Vinatieri for not kicking it to Hester again?

Peyton probably doesn't endear himself to his teammates with his demonstrative hand wringing, especially when his receivers dropped it because thy got folded up like a used hankie, Marvin Harrison.

The guy doesn't miss games.

He has plenty of HOF stats.

The Bears pretty much shutdown the #1 offense in the NFL, the Saints, but were nearly helpless against the Colts and Manning was in the drivers seat.

How about that Hillary?

For comparisons sake, did Elway deserve to be in the Hall before his last two seasons?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Bruzilla said:
Someday, someone's going to have to sit my butt down and explain to me how Peyton Manning deserved to be the MVP last night

Simple, it was decided by on-line voting at nfl.com. Manning is the most recognizable name on the winning team, plus the brain surgeons that vote on these online things don't care about stats or specifics of the game in question.

donbarzini

Peyton probably doesn't endear himself to his teammates with his demonstrative hand wringing, especially when his receivers dropped it because thy got folded up like a used hankie, Marvin Harrison.

The ONLY other QB I've seen worse than Manning was Bert Jones. Must be something about the horseshoe on the helmet.

The guy doesn't miss games.

Neither did Bobby Douglass

The Bears pretty much shutdown the #1 offense in the NFL, the Saints, but were nearly helpless against the Colts and Manning was in the drivers seat.

The only reason the Saints had the #1 offense was because of their schedule. When they had to play legitimate teams they got their collective a$$es handed to them

For comparisons sake, did Elway deserve to be in the Hall before his last two seasons?

Nope!

Otter

Nothing to see here
donbarzini said:

Nope!

Wouldn't have mattered if he won a SB or not, there has been no QB that elevated a team like Elway did. The teams that lost superbowls probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs if not for Elway. I was never a fan of Elway but without him, Denver was an average team at best.