NFL Playoffs

Otter

Nothing to see here
Surprised Beta didn't say the SEC should be in the playoffs instead of the NFC West..:whistle:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, that's right...everyone has a punchers chance and that's what the playoffs should be all about. So since we're ok with sub .500 teams, why not make it a 32 team tournament with the same 1 and done knockout style? The regular season can determine seeding and nothing more. Might as well. Then we can all root for the underdogs!

If a division sucks, they don't deserve representation. Think about this. The NFC West was the worst division by far. It can be argued that the AFC West was the 2nd worst division in football. Now get this -- the NFC West and AFC West played each other this year. So these terrible teams were guaranteed to get some wins because they played not only themselves, but additional crap opponents, making 10 of their 16 games against mediocre/bad teams. That doesn't even include the potential crap games they played in their remaining 6 games. So even with all of that built in, the best they could come up with was friggin 7-9? No, they don't deserve to play in the playoffs.

Just because they won doesn't mean squat. First off, the Seahawks were a pretty solid home team this year so it's not as big of a surprise as everyone pretends. Second, any team can win on "any given sunday" so this victory could have happened with the Carolina Panthers too. Big whoop. It just happened to be in the playoffs when they didn't really deserve to be there anyway.

I like the four team divisions and I have NO problem with a division winner being a playoff team. I am just against overall record meaning the 6-0 Raiders don't get in while the 2-4 Chiefs do yet then overall goes out the window and a 7-9 team hosts 11-5.

The Raiders were the best team in their division, by far. They were perfect. No playoffs. Because of overall record. The Seahawks we're good in the division, 4-2, but, nobody compared to the now not so important overall record 11-5 Saints.

I am not unhappy that a lowly 7-9 team gets in. It makes divisions matter and they should. But, overall record should then also trump for home field as well. I would be happy if they simply seeded the playoffs.

:buddies:

thurley42

HY;FR
Yeah, that's right...everyone has a punchers chance and that's what the playoffs should be all about. So since we're ok with sub .500 teams, why not make it a 32 team tournament with the same 1 and done knockout style? The regular season can determine seeding and nothing more. Might as well. Then we can all root for the underdogs!

If a division sucks, they don't deserve representation. Think about this. The NFC West was the worst division by far. It can be argued that the AFC West was the 2nd worst division in football. Now get this -- the NFC West and AFC West played each other this year. So these terrible teams were guaranteed to get some wins because they played not only themselves, but additional crap opponents, making 10 of their 16 games against mediocre/bad teams. That doesn't even include the potential crap games they played in their remaining 6 games. So even with all of that built in, the best they could come up with was friggin 7-9? No, they don't deserve to play in the playoffs.

Just because they won doesn't mean squat. First off, the Seahawks were a pretty solid home team this year so it's not as big of a surprise as everyone pretends. Second, any team can win on "any given sunday" so this victory could have happened with the Carolina Panthers too. Big whoop. It just happened to be in the playoffs when they didn't really deserve to be there anyway.

It does mean squat because they won thier division....i

thurley42

HY;FR
I like the four team divisions and I have NO problem with a division winner being a playoff team. I am just against overall record meaning the 6-0 Raiders don't get in while the 2-4 Chiefs do yet then overall goes out the window and a 7-9 team hosts 11-5.

The Raiders were the best team in their division, by far. They were perfect. No playoffs. Because of overall record. The Seahawks we're good in the division, 4-2, but, nobody compared to the now not so important overall record 11-5 Saints.

I am not unhappy that a lowly 7-9 team gets in. It makes divisions matter and they should. But, overall record should then also trump for home field as well. I would be happy if they simply seeded the playoffs.

I agree with this....:buddies:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Surprised Beta didn't say the SEC should be in the playoffs instead of the NFC West..:whistle:
This year it would just be the SEC West, but that's a good point :roflmao:

TCU National Champs this year! :buddies:

Yeah but the Raiders went 8-8. I get what you're saying, but telling a team that's 10-6 to go home because that puke 8-8 team won more division games kinda sucks too.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This year it would just be the SEC West, but that's a good point :roflmao:

TCU National Champs this year! :buddies:

Yeah but the Raiders went 8-8. I get what you're saying, but telling a team that's 10-6 to go home because that puke 8-8 team won more division games kinda sucks too.

Isn't that what happened, in effect, with Seattle and Nola?
Too bad for the better team?

Fine. But, don't tell me Seattle deserves a home playoff game because they won THEIR division and then tell me the 6-0 Raiders, who won home and way against all three division foes didn't 'win' their division.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Isn't that what happened, in effect, with Seattle and Nola?
Too bad for the better team?

Fine. But, don't tell me Seattle deserves a home playoff game because they won THEIR division and then tell me the 6-0 Raiders, who won home and way against all three division foes didn't 'win' their division.

Oh I would argue the Seattle bit too. And I think the Raiders 'won' their division when you consider the head to head. But damn they must suck if they could only go 2-2 against the NFC West (beat Seattle!!) and not win another game :lmao:

Another reason why the AFC and NFC West both suck ass. Even with bad scheduling they still blew.