NFL Sportscasters

Grumpy

No crew will ever top listening to Sonny, Sam and Frank doing Redskins games! Right @Grumpy
Yeah..days gone by..I wish they had gone out on top rather than hanging on a few years too long. Really sad hearing the last few year of Sam, then Sonny. I remember when Sonny was traded to the sad sack Skins of the early 60s, and my uncle saying things will get more exciting now. We didn't win much but those years were fun. Early 90s, the same uncle had cancer and I was working a concession stand at RFK (hell, I'll sling fries for $200 a game). I sneaked up to the broadcast booth and got Sonny to sign a football for my Uncle John. Sam butted in and signed first, both couldn't be nicer, tho Frank was concerned about a lowly concession stand worker being in their midst..:lol:

Grumpy

Dennis Miller was a fantastic addition to MNF. Too bad a lot of people didn't get his brand of humor.
:lol: I absolutely loved Dennis Miller on MNF..almost made a comment in DW's thread about football play-by-play / color announcers, but I felt most wouldn't get it.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Please, please,...Joe Theismann was the worst!! That man could take about himself all day. You couldnt get the mic from him without a fight!! Although, I'd take Joe T over Joe B anytime.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
:lol: I absolutely loved Dennis Miller on MNF..almost made a comment in DW's thread about football play-by-play / color announcers, but I felt most wouldn't get it.
When Miller was in the booth, every Tuesday I'd get online. There was a site that decoded all of DM's game time comments. He used a lot of Greek Mythology references and other obscure historical references.