NFL won't let church show game

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
SI.com said:
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The NFL has nixed a church's plans to use a wall projector to show the Colts-Bears Super Bowl game, saying it would violate copyright laws.

NFL officials spotted a promotion of Fall Creek Baptist Church's "Super Bowl Bash" on the church Web site last week and overnighted a letter to the pastor demanding the party be canceled, the church said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...bc.fbn.superbowl.church.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Oh lord let the drama begin. Although I have to side against the NFL on this one since the pastor said they wouldn't charge admission.

LordStanley

I know nothing
But the NFL objected to the church's plans to use a projector to show the game, saying the law limits it to one TV no bigger than 55 inches.

then anyone with a huge TV at home is in Violation!!!! And so is every estalishment showing the game on large screens, like Damon's

this is a bunch of horse ####

pingrr

LordStanley said:
then anyone with a huge TV at home is in Violation!!!! And so is every estalishment showing the game on large screens, like Damon's

this is a bunch of horse ####

They say at the begining of all the games that this is intended for home viewing use. Your in a home which makes it OK.

On the other hand you could call a church a house of god.

LordStanley

I know nothing
pingrr said:
They say at the begining of all the games that this is intended for home viewing use. Your in a home which makes it OK.

On the other hand you could call a church a house of god.

I have 20 people in my home watching the game on my 62 plasma. Or I have 20 people in a church viewing it on a projector. there is no difference.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
LordStanley said:
I have 20 people in my home watching the game on my 62 plasma. Or I have 20 people in a church viewing it on a projector. there is no difference.
Do you advertise and charge admission?
If the church had just made announcements during services, it probably would have never come to the NFL's attention

oldman

Lobster Land
It's all my fault for smoking. I'm causing global warming, killing all those around me and causing birth defects. The defects as have been reported to me include babies being born with more than one rectum. Used to be there were only 50,000 azzholes in the U.S. but that has quadtrupled since I began my bad habit.

LordStanley

I know nothing
aps45819 said:
Do you advertise and charge admission?
If the church had just made announcements during services, it probably would have never come to the NFL's attention

That I can understand, which is why the NFL caught them in the first place. Since then they said they would not use the term "super bowl" or charge admission. But the NFL still is trying to play hard Ball and say that anything over 56 inches is a violation.

pingrr

I think the NFL is playing hardball because they were originally trying to charge an admission fee.

How does the NFL know that the church isn't going to do free admision and charge for food or somthing like that.