Nick Berg

K

Kain99

O.K. so the idea here is... That Nick volunteered to be beheaded. It's gonna take me some time to digest this. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kain99

Originally posted by cariblue
Is that what you're getting out of all this?
Yeah that it was all B.S. and he gave himself as a Martyr to these freaks... Am I off base?

K

Kain99

At this point all one can do is speculate. It is all very interesting, though.
If I wanted to be really honest, I'd admit that this whole thing would be a whole lot easier to handle if Nick Berg was a trader. :frown:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I haven't seen the video, but I'm wondering if it was him. If the sound and video were recorded separately, is it possible they used a look-alike hostage, got Nick Berg to record his voiceover, and that the real Nick Berg is still somewhere floating around in Iraq, while the body, whom the DoD would not let the families see, is that of the look-alike?

hmmmmm...

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Kain99
If I wanted to be really honest, I'd admit that this whole thing would be a whole lot easier to handle if Nick Berg was a trader. :frown:

What does international commerce have to do with anything? :confused: :biggrin:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by sleuth14
:shrug: a dead Iraqi?
I'm sure his family was able to identify the body, they just weren't allowed to be present when it was initially received for security reasons

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Why would his family bury an Iraqi?

I read somewhere the family wasn't allowed to see the body. :shrug: So quite possibly they wouldn't have had a chance to identify it before burial???

I admit I haven't been watching the news all day, so I don't know everything that's happened.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by sleuth14
So were they allowed to see the body before burial, or hasn't anyone said?
Personally, I wouldn't accept a loved one's death if no one that actually knew him was allowed to confirm that it was actually him. And Cari, you're right, they haven't said anything about an autopsy that I've heard. I just assumed one would be performed, but since he was buried today, who knows :shrug:. Maybe his family refused for religious purposes.

Hessian

If these observations reach the mainstream media...this story will NOT fade away.

From what I have seen...there are a lot of questions that need answering...starting with the autopsy.
Look at his last comments...doesn't that seem like the beginning of a coerced plea for ransom or a political denunciation....and then it is cut off?

The video looks like it was filmed in 1979!,,,who can't focus a video camera???

Why wander around a hellhole "looking for work" in a place where unemployment is about 50%? mAnybody with sense knows that if you want to get into the cash flow...you need connections...he had none apparently.

Connection with Moussaoui??? come on...this is just too strange to accept as accidental.

I want investigation.