NightCrawlers?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Getting a new composter, need some earthworms. Who around here sells them? TackleBox? Pet stores?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think my wife used to order red wigglers (or something like that) online. I'll check with her.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Saw his ad while I was researching, seemed like a good choice. I was looking to buy locally if I could. Between USPS delivery and the time of year, I have doubts they'll be alive when I get them.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If your ground is moist and not frozen you could "fiddle" or "grunt" some up locally.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Saw his ad while I was researching, seemed like a good choice. I was looking to buy locally if I could. Between USPS delivery and the time of year, I have doubts they'll be alive when I get them.
You'd be surprised how hardy Canadian night crawlers are. I've kept them in the refrigerator over the winter season when I used to fish with bait. If you only need a few dozen to start your compost bin, maybe try the local stores that carry them in season. Sometimes they have leftovers.

Red wigglers freak me out. On a trip to Florida I hit the local tackle shop for bait. The owner grabbed a tub of them and emptied them on the counter and those damned things wriggled around like nobody's business. It was hard as hell to run a hook through them. too. :lol:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The Tackle Box had night crawlers, along with a dozen other different types of worms. :yay:

There were some workmen outside, apparently amused by the people that walk in expecting to get something (ammo), and walk out dejected. He said the Tackle Box had a shipment of ammo yesterday, long lines, and all gone by 11am.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
True story.

When my son was about 3, we were shopping in the Kmart.

Got to the check out and he placed his clenched fist by my purchases. The lady asked him, "What do you have there young man?".

Opened his fist, he'd left home with about a dozen worms in his fist. After an hour plus in his pocket, the worms were all gluey and covered in white foam.

Bet she never asked another little boy what he was carrying in a clenched fist.

I'm not liable for any beverage spit on your computer......

TPD

the poor dad
True story.

When my son was about 3, we were shopping in the Kmart.

Got to the check out and he placed his clenched fist by my purchases. The lady asked him, "What do you have there young man?".

Opened his fist, he'd left home with about a dozen worms in his fist. After an hour plus in his pocket, the worms were all gluey and covered in white foam.

Bet she never asked another little boy what he was carrying in a clenched fist.

I'm not liable for any beverage spit on your computer......

Lol I can picture that coming from your kids!