nikos pizza in st. marys square

basshawg95

okay, so i decide to get take out from niko's pizza in st. mary's square. a gyro and breaded mushrooms. pick up in 20 mins. i get there in 20. $16.27 for my meal....definitely pricey, and i let the lady know it.
i drive 2 minutes back to work, open the food up, and its COLD and SOGGY! the gyro has 4 pieces of meat and its jammed with LETTUCE!
well, i'm from chicago, and when you get a gyro there, you have to eat half the meat before even thinking about folding it up to eat. then there's the $16.27 pricetag! i don't mind paying a premium price for my food, but i definitely want my money's worth.
so, i box the food back up and take it back to niko's. i tell the lady i want my money back and she takes the food and says she won't give me a refund. whatever happened to 'the customer's always right'? NOT AT NIKO'S!
NOW, I'M PISSED. not getting anywhere with this lady, i call st. mary's finest to intervene. the nice police officer comes, takes my story, goes into niko's, and come out with my money.
why couldn't this lady refund my money instead of making me call the cops? needless to say, i'm probably not welcome back there and i won't be going back!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do not believe this story. I've eaten at Niko's any number of times and it's always been enough food for two meals, easy. Take out orders have always been just fine.

pelers

I do not believe this story. I've eaten at Niko's any number of times and it's always been enough food for two meals, easy. Take out orders have always been just fine.

Concur. I always have to pull a few strips of meat off my gyro before it's manageable. Plus, can't really say much for the mushrooms... any time you are trying to take fried food somewhere it's gonna get cold and mushy before you can eat it.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I wonder if the cops would return some stuff to Sears for me and get my money back? :confused:

Pete

Repete
You are in trouble now. Those greeks don't mess around. I know someone once who wen there and complained about a gyro. She put a hex on him and he is now suffering form foot odor and a nervous tick. some might call it coincidence, I do not.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
You are in trouble now. Those greeks don't mess around. I know someone once who wen there and complained about a gyro. She put a hex on him and he is now suffering form foot odor and a nervous tick. some might call it coincidence, I do not.

How's that foot powder I told you about working out? :whistle:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I would say calling the cops is a bit on the extreme side. However both I did try Nikos I was unimpressed. Tried a sub and a pizza and I could not see why people rave about it.

I wish everyone who demands a refund on their food:

1) would experience the joy of owning their own restaurant for just one day and having people criticize your culinary skills (no matter how good or bad they may be)

2) would have their boss come to them on pay day and demand a refund for a day's work due to a day when you didn't perform up to your boss' expectations.

If you don't like someone cooking, the volume of food you get, the price charged, etc., simply don't go back. Why are they obligated to refund you when they provided what their menu states - a gyro! This is Niko's gyro - like it and come back, don't like it then don't come back, but in good faith they provided you with their version of the sandwich.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

1) would experience the joy of owning their own restaurant for just one day and having people criticize your culinary skills (no matter how good or bad they may be)

2) would have their boss come to them on pay day and demand a refund for a day's work due to a day when you didn't perform up to your boss' expectations.

If you don't like someone cooking, the volume of food you get, the price charged, etc., simply don't go back. Why are they obligated to refund you when they provided what their menu states - a gyro! This is Niko's gyro - like it and come back, don't like it then don't come back, but in good faith they provided you with their version of the sandwich.

People who cannot provide good food, good service, and clean environment, have no business opening a restaurant. That said, I'm having some difficulty believing the OP, too. I haven't been to Niko's in a quite a while, but I have never had to return anything, and I have the worst restaurant karma in MD.

I would say calling the cops is a bit on the extreme side. However both I did try Nikos I was unimpressed. Tried a sub and a pizza and I could not see why people rave about it.

Gyros are the best!
Never even thought about a sub.Well I have nothing to compare it to actually except when I made my own gyro meat and that sucked.
:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:yay:

I know people who go back again and again to the same restaurant they complain about. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE FOOD, STOP FREAKING GOING THERE.

Drives me bonkers.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Niko's has been there close to 40 yrs if not longer, I would go there and get a soda while playing football at night on the grass behind the store, we were poor, it was our own lighted stadium....

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Gyros are the best!
Never even thought about a sub.Well I have nothing to compare it to actually except when I made my own gyro meat and that sucked.
:killingme

Had a gyro from Ouzos (sp) and it was pretty good, however I am not a big fan of gyro's. Besides I wanted to try their pizza, I have always been told they have best pizza. It was a let down to say the least.

Last edited:

bilbur

I agree with you, I would make the restaurants aware of the bad food I got so the good ones can make a change and it doesn't happen to anyone else but I don't demand refunds and I certainly wouldn't call the cops. The time that cop spent to get the money back cost the tax payers more than the food cost and my time is definitely worth more than $15 to $20. I usually give restaurants 2 chances and if I get 2 bad meals in a row I stop going there. There are too many restaurants in this county to waste my time and money on something I don't like.

People who cannot provide good food, good service, and clean environment, have no business opening a restaurant. That said, I'm having some difficulty believing the OP, too. I haven't been to Niko's in a quite a while, but I have never had to return anything, and I have the worst restaurant karma in MD.

I'm proud of you that you were able to show some restraint and not call the cops when that place over-seasoned your burger a few weeks back...:yay: