No, Danny, No - Redskins Version

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
ugh...please...no...

If you haven’t heard by now, Auburn quarterback Cam Newton will be holding a workout for the media on Feb. 10 at a high school in San Diego.

The Heisman Trophy winning quarterback is expected to be one of the players taken in the early to mid first round of April’s NFL draft. And despite his accomplishments this past season at Auburn, there still are plenty of questions about his skills. There's no denying that Newton -- who some expect the Redskins to take if he is available with the 10th pick -- is a supremely gifted athlete, but only one full season of Division I football raise questions about his readiness for the NFL.

Cam Newton workout: Good move or bad move? - @TBD Skins | TBD.com

Come on ya'll. We've got plenty of extra talent laying around that we could trade away to make sure we get Cam, and the only thing standing between us and a legitimate Super Bowl run is a great QB.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What makes most think he can't be the QB of the future?

Mostly his performance against Oregon. He looked lost. We are used to seeing college QB's look lost for a year or two in the NFL. We're not used to them looking lost in college. In college all sorts of guys look 'can't miss'. Newton doesn't look good, to me, in college.

:shrug:

Mostly his performance against Oregon. He looked lost. We are used to seeing college QB's look lost for a year or two in the NFL. We're not used to them looking lost in college. In college all sorts of guys look 'can't miss'. Newton doesn't look good, to me, in college.

He's from Auburn. AUBURN. And he went undefeated there in his final year.

OldHillcrestGuy

Skins have already drafted a quarterback in the first round before from Auburn, now throws the ball for the Raiders, we dont need another Jason Campbell.

MMDad

Lem Putt

Two words: Heath Shuler.

How often does a great college player turn into a great pro? Back when they got Heath, gus was seen as the shlub who was allowed to suit up, but was never expected to actually play. Look whose tenure was more succesful.

If they're actually looking at the kid's potential, ability to learn, attitude, and strength this could be a great pick. But of course this is Danny boy, so they won't look beyond that starry eyed gaze and thoughts of one player fixing every problem the organization has.