NO EXISS Horse Trailer for me!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
This is Bridget's response to them:
"Mr. Moreau

I did phone you yesterday regarding this but, with teenage daughters in the house, it is unlikely you would have been able to return my call so I apologize.

From Exiss' public statement regarding the handling of this situation, it appears that you were not informed of the information I provided while attempting to resolve the trailer roof issue. The record needs to be set straight. I contacted FX Caprara of Watertown (the dealer who sold this trailer) on Wednesday, March 21st at 10:30 am. I explained what had happened to the trailer, provided the VIN as well as the names of the owners, and was told they would contact Exiss & get back to me. They did return my call at approximately 1:30 pm at my office (and I have a room full of co-workers who were standing within ear shot when I took this call) I was told that they were very sorry, that they remembered the Hubbards and what nice people they are, but that Exiss would not cover any damage caused by a horse. I then stated that in my opinion, one of two things was at issue. Either this particular individual trailer has a flaw/defect or all Exiss Sport Models have this same issue - after all, it has to be one or the other. AT NO TIME DID FX CAPRARA ASK FOR THE TRAILER TO BE BROUGHT IN AND LOOKED AT. The gentleman then suggested I call TJ McCullough directly, as Rodney, the Warranty Manager was out. I did contact Mr. McCullough and again provided the VIN for this trailer, as well as digital photos of the damage. The email response I received (which you have attached to your public statement) also does not state "Please bring this trailer in to an authorized Exiss dealer so that we can evaluate the damage" Nothing of the kind is stated - only that Exiss will not cover damage caused by a horse. I have been more than willing to bring this trailer wherever it needed to go. Part of what upset me so much was not just the way this roof gave way, but Exiss' apparent lack of interest in why/how such a thing could happen. I fully expected to be told "bring it in so we can see what happened" but that is NOT the response I received.

Whether or not I own the trailer is really a moot point. The owners are friends of mine (please note that I have cc'd this email to them) My horse did the damage so I offered to make the calls and arrange for repair. They have been involved with this process every step of the way. At no time did I refuse any information to Exiss or FX Caprara nor did I represent myself as the owner of the trailer. I do not appreciate the implications in your public response that I withheld any necessary information for Exiss to investigate this. If Exiss did desire to look into what happened (prior to this unwanted publicity) and Mr. McCullough had misplaced the VIN, that information was a quick phone call or email away yet I never received any request to resend that information. This leads me to believe that Exiss had no intention of investigating this incident whether the owners of this trailer placed the calls or not.

The trailer is currently at my local Exiss dealer (not the dealer who sold this trailer) for the purpose of getting a repair estimate for insurance purposes. He asked for me to bring the trailer down yesterday morning and I promptly did so. I have been in contact with my local dealer on a daily basis since late last week regarding this estimate.

In closing, Mr. Moreau, I ask that you re-examine your public statement and investigate where the communication breakdown is in your company and with your dealerships. While it is Exiss' right to publicly defend their product and position, it is not their right to misrepresent the information provided and/or my intentions. I will not stand idly by while Exiss drags my name through the mud in an attempt to save face. All of my above claims are well documented. "

Bridget Lavigne
HDC Appaloosas www.hdcappaloosas.com
Home of ApHC Stallion
Clear Vision
"The choice is CLEAR!"
Mooers Forks, NY

mingiz

Horse Poor
This crap is getting old.....I don't care what kind of trailer you buy...they all have flaws.....................JMO