No more 'Holiday Trees' at the Capitol.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
elaine said:
I find it absolutely amazing how un-christian like people become around the holidays.

That is not true. The Reverends Macys, Dillards, and Nordstroms and their clergy of Santa Clauses have shown us the way and the light of materialism. They want the light and the truth to reach everyone so now we must see it as the Winter Holiday. Now no one diety can get in the way of the higher calling of materialism. What is more Christian than that? Including everyone is what modern Christianity is all about! :rolleyes:

morganj614

FromTexas said:
That is not true. The Reverends Macys, Dillards, and Nordstroms and their clergy of Santa Clauses have shown us the way and the light of materialism. They want the light and the truth to reach everyone so now we must see it as the Winter Holiday. Now no one diety can get in the way of the higher calling of materialism. What is more Christian than that? Including everyone is what modern Christianity is all about! :rolleyes:

Shush up and buy me a present. :smack:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
morganj614 said:
I thought I remembered always seeing one on the news. :shrug:

I meant there IS one but I thought for some reason they weren't going to light it...but they are. The menorah is on the Ellipse closer to Constitution Avenue, in between the National Christmas Tree and Const. Ave.

Fred Hoeck

bresamil said:
I'd bet yes. And a menorrah.
What would be the outcry from the Jewish side if the menorrah was called "holiday candlestick" so as not to impose a religious view on people? A Christmas tree is a christmas tree, if you don't like it, don't put one up. But don't stop the majority from celebrating our holidays.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Fred Hoeck said:
What would be the outcry from the Jewish side if the menorrah was called "holiday candlestick" so as not to impose a religious view on people? A Christmas tree is a christmas tree, if you don't like it, don't put one up. But don't stop the majority from celebrating our holidays.
They're not stopping you from celebrating your holiday. Do you normally open presents on the capital lawn?

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
Toxick said:
There they go shoving Jesus down our throats - YET AGAIN.

I said 6 years ago that this nation was becoming a Theocratic Dictatorship and now I am vindicated!!!1!!

How OFFENSIVE can they be???

Gee.. I forgot my :sarcasm: symbol.
Although I thought it was obvious.

Oh well, at least my Karma page has lots of red to offset the green and it looks like it has the Christmas Spirit.

Pardon me! Holiday Spirit. :biggrin:

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

morganj614

jazz lady said:
FT- Just make sure it fits in Morgie's fireplace. :lmao:

:lmao: I like my little tree in there. Maybe next year I'll stuff some pants and boots to make it look like a Santa butt sticking out :yay:

SamSpade

Bustem' Down said:
So would we have to have a Chrismas tree if we had a Jewish Pres?
Why not?

But if they put up a menorah and a Star of David, I'd think they were NUTS if they called it a "holiiday" star and a "holiday" candleabra. How stupid would THAT be?