No one can film in National Parks. No one.

BOP

It started out as a thing to curtail Hollywood-sized film crews from tromping all over the landscape, bothering people, the flora and fauna, and so on.

As with anything the Gooberment does, it doesn't matter what is carved in stone, it's all up to the interpretation. If anyone who worked for the Gooberment, as I did does NOT know this, I have to question what you actually did at work.

There is one commenter that puts up a conspiracy theory, and as such things go, it's a good one. You'll know it when you see it.

The other thing is: do the cartels who grow Mary Jane in large plots deep in the forest have to have permits for that?

HemiHauler

Go ahead.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Sure thing. I’m just a snapshot memory kind of person, but the point is there is a carve out. Just gotta be smart enough to figure out how to use it.

I’m also assuming this dude is playing fast and loose with the truth. The laws and regulations are pretty clear as written. Handheld cameras, including video, are fine. A single tripod? Fine.

Things like lighting and other elaborate gear and rigging or a crew are only going to be used by content creators whose goal is to monetize their chitty content. I’m not interested in being on a hike and having the path blocked by douche bags taking professional pictures of their stupid girlfriends just waiting for the wind to blow in the right direction for the sexy hair to complement that stupid duck face. Worse, they go off trail, thinking they are doing everyone a favor by getting out of the way. But they end up trampling stuff, littering, and ruining it for us all.

These people are a scourge.

While in high school I had a spontaneous debate with my contemporary arts teacher. He was saying America is one of the few countries where we can own our own land and have freedoms of public land properties. I corrected him. We do not. We rent our land from the government. He then :blahblah: deeds :blahblah: rights :blahblah: I said and when you do not pay your land tax the confiscate, they want to put a road through they do. He got so frustrated we never got to public lands. I’m going to look up Mr. Denny and send him this video.

CPUSA

Sure thing. I’m just a snapshot memory kind of person, but the point is there is a carve out. Just gotta be smart enough to figure out how to use it.

I’m also assuming this dude is playing fast and loose with the truth. The laws and regulations are pretty clear as written. Handheld cameras, including video, are fine. A single tripod? Fine.

Things like lighting and other elaborate gear and rigging or a crew are only going to be used by content creators whose goal is to monetize their chitty content. I’m not interested in being on a hike and having the path blocked by douche bags taking professional pictures of their stupid girlfriends just waiting for the wind to blow in the right direction for the sexy hair to complement that stupid duck face. Worse, they go off trail, thinking they are doing everyone a favor by getting out of the way. But they end up trampling stuff, littering, and ruining it for us all.

These people are a scourge.
Funny...You'll post your interpretation of the rules & regulations....while failing to post the actual rules & regs to back up your phony claim...Interesting...

You wanna know which people are the REAL scourge? Liars, such as yourself....

HemiHauler

Funny...You'll post your interpretation of the rules & regulations....while failing to post the actual rules & regs to back up your phony claim...Interesting...

You wanna know which people are the REAL scourge? Liars, such as yourself....

Just for you, numb nuts - because I’m a nice guy. Would have taken you less than 3 seconds. :loser:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If one cares to see what is or isn't allowed the relevant regulations are found at 43 CFR Subpart A. Seems if it is commercial in any way (someone is trying to make a buck) a permit is required.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If one cares to see what is or isn't allowed the relevant regulations are found at 43 CFR Subpart A. Seems if it is commercial in any way (someone is trying to make a buck) a permit is required.
My skillz with camera apparati are so well developed that I could probably get people to pay me to not take pictures. I wonder if I'd need a permit?

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

CPUSA

Hijinx

Yes: I live in a critical area where I cannot add on to my deck or cut a tree, but a Marijuana growing facility can build a 51,000 sq. ft. building ,dig 2 6 inch wells expand their septic for 100 employees and stink up the whole area. And they are in this same area.
Phuck all of those Democrats in Annapolis who aided in this out of state corporations destruction of our neighborhood.

Salmon

You better believe if I see a federal park ranger harassing someone, I am recording the incident