No TV - Pros & cons

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Anybody out there ditch the boob tube? Any regrets? Anyone on the fence?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think about ditching my cable all the time. I almost never watch TV and I can get Modern Family online.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Turned off the cable last month and have Rokus on all the TVs
Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime and a P2P web sit for live sports
Current CBS shows aren't on Hulu but you can stream them on a laptop.

FYI - There hasn't been a new episode of any non-singing show in the last three weeks and the re-runs are online

ginwoman

my hub would draw up into the fetal position w/o TV. Not ready for that life changing experience. Sure would save a lot of money (we have DirecTV)

hitchicken

Broadcast TV.

It's been mentioned before in posts, but for a one-time investment of about $250 you can get antenna, pre-amp, rotor and powered splitter and enjoy free TV depending on where you're situated. I get about 40 channels, including Redskins & Raven games, news, and (almost) 24/7 weather. Also PBS, oldie movies, 50s, 60s pop shows, a little baseball, basketball and golf. We are talking FREE here. Many of the shows are 1080 HD. Others are 720.

If you can live without your phoney "scripted reality" shows on satellite and cable, broadcast TV may be for you.

For a little extra money, Netflix and Hulu 2 for about $8 a month each and Amazon Prime for about $7 a month. Spend any more than that on TV and you're wasting money that could be better spent on food and ammo.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
http://forums.somd.com/computers-technology-internet/282987-many-cutting-cord-cable-satellite.html

There is a pretty good article here and comments under the article link about the issue.

Saturday, my husband and I decided to find out what Breaking Bad is all about... so many people swear it is so good but I didn't think I would care for it since it is about drug distribution... We are both hook. Jesse and Walt have the dumbest luck and the entire story of how one element connects to another has been nail biting. We are already into season 3. :lol:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
my hub would draw up into the fetal position w/o TV. Not ready for that life changing experience. Sure would save a lot of money (we have DirecTV)

:lol: Mine would too, gin... The bill is a small price to pay to avoid the drama, IMO.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
No go! Happily admit I could never ever live without tv. Ive had the same sitter (tv) my whole life. My tv is on from the time I wake up till I go to bed.