North Carolina/South Carolina

keepsmiling

Good Morning Everyone. :howdy:

We are going on vacation and can't decide. Can you share your experiences with both NC and SC. NC really looks laid back, maybe boring to the kids? That's where I really wanted to take them but I'm worried they wouldn't have enough to do.

Thanks everyone.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Depends on what type of people you are. :shrug: Beaches, mountains, active or chillers?

keepsmiling

Whooopss.

Sorry about that. Beaches, and I have a son who really wants to begin learning how to surf. Stuff for the kids to do if they can't go to the beaches.

kom526

_MightyMouse_ said:
South Carolina/Myrtle Beach for beaches...
What about Duck, Corolla, or Nags Head? Those are beaches. MB for a more genteel version of OC I would say.

kom526

keepsmiling said:
Whooopss.

Sorry about that. Beaches, and I have a son who really wants to begin learning how to surf. Stuff for the kids to do if they can't go to the beaches.
Then I would have to agree with MM and go with MB.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
kom526 said:
Then I would have to agree with MM and go with MB.

:yeahthat: Lots of stuff to do at MB; lots of outlet shopping, race track and a minor league ball team. And Bass Pro Shops. :yay:

I love the Outer Banks as well, but for younger kids, there's more to do in MB.

kom526

nachomama said:
:yeahthat: Lots of stuff to do at MB; lots of outlet shopping, race track and a minor league ball team. And Bass Pro Shops. :yay:

I love the Outer Banks as well, but for younger kids, there's more to do in MB.
NASCAR Speedpark, mini golf, REAL golf, fireworks :yay: :yay: and best of all...Margaritaville!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
kom526 said:
NASCAR Speedpark, mini golf, REAL golf, fireworks :yay: :yay: and best of all...Margaritaville!

That reminds me...Stay in North Myrtle Beach. It's far enough away from all the :crazy: but still close, and plenty to do in NMB. Kinda like staying in North OC, vs. near the Boardwalk.

kom526

Our place at the beach is on 33rd and S. Ocean, N. Myrtle. We're across from Hawaiian Rumble mini golf on one end and Barefoot Landing at the other. Definitely a lot less hectic there as opposed to MB.

Click here
or
Click this

Last edited:

CMC122

Go Braves!
nachomama said:
That reminds me...Stay in North Myrtle Beach. It's far enough away from all the :crazy: but still close, and plenty to do in NMB. Kinda like staying in North OC, vs. near the Boardwalk.
:yeahthat:

Mary866

Myrtle beach is great for the kids....we always stay at a place called Sea Mist Resort, for one price it includes admission everyday for everyone in your family to the water park, amusement park, miniature golf, they have a HUGE little tikes play structure for the kids, breakfast buffet, and and onsite waterpark, all included in the family value package. Tuesday nights they have a nice fireworks show at Broadway at the beach, which is a cleaner version of the boardwalk. Gosh, now I wish we were going this year, but have sick parents to tend too.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Mary866 said:
Myrtle beach is great for the kids....we always stay at a place called Sea Mist Resort, for one price it includes admission everyday for everyone in your family to the water park, amusement park, miniature golf, they have a HUGE little tikes play structure for the kids, breakfast buffet, and and onsite waterpark, all included in the family value package. Tuesday nights they have a nice fireworks show at Broadway at the beach, which is a cleaner version of the boardwalk. Gosh, now I wish we were going this year, but have sick parents to tend too.

We used to stay there, until we discovered the wonder of NMB.

But yeah, Sea Mist is great for people with younger kids. It's truly a family resort. Lots for the little ones to do.

My kids are all older, and they all take friends with them, so we get a house that accomodates 16 people.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
sockgirl77 said:
I lived in NC for awhile. OBX beaches are much nicer! Not as nasty and crowded as Myrtle Beach. :yay:

I love OBX too! We stayed at Pirates Cove. That place is NICE.

It all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a large variety of commercialized things to do, go to MB.

If you are looking for a more relaxed, laid back vacation, go to OBX.

sockgirl77

nachomama said:
I love OBX too! We stayed at Pirates Cove. That place is NICE.

It all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a large variety of commercialized things to do, go to MB.

If you are looking for a more relaxed, laid back vacation, go to OBX.
Pirates Cove in Manteo?

I like to be relaxed during vacation. Not alot of running around. Then again, my stay in OBX is free because my grand parents live in Southern Shores. :lol:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
sockgirl77 said:
Pirates Cove in Manteo?

I like to be relaxed during vacation. Not alot of running around. Then again, my stay in OBX is free because my grand parents live in Southern Shores. :lol:

That would be the place. I liked walking up and down the docks, acting like one of those boats was mine. :cool: