Not all wedded bliss: Marital stress linked to depression

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"Date:
April 25, 2014
Source:
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Summary:
Marital stress may make people more vulnerable to depression, according to a recent study. The long-term study shows that people who experience chronic marital stress are less able to savor positive experiences, a hallmark of depression. They are also more likely to report other depressive symptoms. Married people are, in general, happier and healthier than single people, according to numerous studies. But marriage can also be one of the most significant sources of long-lasting social stress."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140425104617.htm

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Really? I'm shocked. Never thought this for a second. This is how shocked I am: :coffee:

I would expect that if marriage is someone's significant source of stress, maybe they need to replace the marital partner with one that is LESS stressful? :biggrin:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I would expect that if marriage is someone's significant source of stress, maybe they need to replace the marital partner with one that is LESS stressful? :biggrin:

All marriage is stressfull, even good ones. But just maybe that's why I got rid of mine...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Don't say that!!! What if my husband were to read this?! :cds:

he's not going to trade you in, haven't you heard that old saying ..... it's cheaper to keep her? :biggrin:

just kidding, I'm sure your overall relationship is great with just a few bumps here and there, he just needs to take the hints and buy some stock in DSW

he's not going to trade you in, haven't you heard that old saying ..... it's cheaper to keep her? :biggrin:

just kidding, I'm sure your overall relationship is great with just a few bumps here and there, he just needs to take the hints and buy some stock in DSW

The man's a saint. :coffee: