Not Fun Hunting Activities

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Ummm, I can't imagine that would be fun. Hubby shot a couple of geese/ducks a wknd or 2 ago. He didn't want to fool with them that night so he put them in trash bags and put them in the freezer til the next day. I wonder how hard it was to "skin" those bad boys, :lmao:. I never went down to watch. Just saw feathers everywhere the following morning.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
That's true. Hubby put off deer hunting while goose/duck season was in. Today was the last day. He's still not home yet. I guess he'll deer hunt now until that's over.

limblips

PREMO Member
Why would you even want to do that? Doesn't the meat get ruined pretty quickly?

Two reasons: 1. Not much meat gets ruined as long as you don't spill the stomach contents all over it. 2. I refuse to shoot it and leave it. The animal deserves far more respect.

Now, after rereading your question, maybe you are asking why would I gut shoot a deer? I never would intentionally but like everyone, I am not 100% accurate 100% of the time!

Cowgirl

Two reasons: 1. Not much meat gets ruined as long as you don't spill the stomach contents all over it. 2. I refuse to shoot it and leave it. The animal deserves far more respect.

Now, after rereading your question, maybe you are asking why would I gut shoot a deer? I never would intentionally but like everyone, I am not 100% accurate 100% of the time!

:lol: No, I figured you wouldn't purposely gut shoot it. I have heard that it's really risky to perforate the gut when you're gutting, so I'd imagine it'd be risky to eat meat from a gut shot deer. If the two choices were to risk contaiminated meat or leave the deer, I'd have to leave it. But, if you could do it safely, that's great.

:lol: No, I figured you wouldn't purposely gut shoot it. I have heard that it's really risky to perforate the gut when you're gutting, so I'd imagine it'd be risky to eat meat from a gut shot deer. If the two choices were to risk contaiminated meat or leave the deer, I'd have to leave it. But, if you could do it safely, that's great.
It's perfectly fine to eat a gut shot deer. You just have to wash it out as soon as you can, but then it's best to do that no matter where you shoot the deer.