Not sure what causes this to happen

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If you want a perspective, Google "Detroit 1965" followed by "Detroit 1985" and "Detroit 2005."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Most of the decent residents moved out long ago and left it to the undesirables who don't care. Those who are stuck there are powerless to the masses who just want to destroy everything.

That's what it has to be, but it's sad. And I'm guessing the Mayor etc don't care either because they can do what they want and have a piggy bank for life. When anyone looks down on them for presiding over such a shithole, they go buy themselves a bigger mansion to console themselves.

black dog

Free America
I dont' know about now, but it used to be that Habitat for Humanity required some sweat equity from the beneficiaries.

However that's never a guarantee that it will be appreciated or cared for.

This is a section that were built in the 1990s along Benning Road. I'm familiar with them because I and my crew put in the underground power and transformers ahead of time so they'd have power to build.

Some good, some slipping.
Yep, my middle sister worked for Corp Habitat, mostly in the Corp stores for about 10 years or so.
Theres no free house, sweat equity and monthly payments are made or yous ass is out.

Im not going to talk about how many elevators I installed and 5-7 years later were complete replacments in east and west balt,
Gary, east indy, Ft Wayne snd endless other cities in America.

GregV814

everything went downhill after the wreck of the Godon Lightfoot.
Mr. Fitzgerald should have enunciated the city's name though, it wasn't Deee Troy it.

Kinnakeet

Saw this pic on the net. If this is indeed true, wowzers.

View attachment 172710

Some commented that these are habitat for humanity homes. The brown house on the far left looks very run down in the early picture. The 3rd house appears to be boarded up in the early picture. This is probably a good argument for derelict homes to be torn down asap.
Clearky you can see the problem is standing right infront of the home