Not that I wish RBG any ill...

BernieP

Resident PIA
Millions and millions of murdered unborn human babies are cramming into the grandstands to give her a Go To Hell and fuch you very much when she finally drops dead. :neener:
I seriously doubt Roe v Wade will ever be overturned.
I think the court has already gone as far as it will in giving the states the rights to impose some restrictions.
Unfortunately PP and the ACLU and the DNC et al will challenge anything and everything that imposes a restriction on a woman's right...
Funny, these same people have no problem infringing on all Americans when it comes to the second amendment.
Sort of pisses me off that we have created a right, not explicitly called out in the constitution, but are trying to pass laws to block the exercise of a right that was written very explicitly.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
At least she's an honest liberal. She has defended both Gorsisch and Kanenaugh, actually praised Kavenaugh and how he treats his staff and people in the court.

RBG is actually great, it's her fan club that's obnoxious and ignorant. There was some FB thread going on where a pack of the tards was insisting that RBG was the first woman SCJ. No amount of facting or linking would deter them.

:crazy:

Reactions: BOP

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If I may ...

But then, if this is the case, why isn't her name written, Ruth Bader-Ginsburg, like every other woman that hyphenates their last names?
Because she didn't choose to hyphenate her names. NOT all women who keep their maiden names hyphenate their two last names. I didn't.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Because she didn't choose to hyphenate her names. NOT all women who keep their maiden names hyphenate their two last names. I didn't.
Reckon I'll just chalk that up to something else I didn't know. After all these years, walking the dirt path of life, and still learning something new everyday.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

Reckon I'll just chalk that up to something else I didn't know. After all these years, walking the dirt path of life, and still learning something new everyday.

It's never too late.

Back in the day it was common for women to use their maiden name as their middle name with no hyphen, especially if they were an only child or there were no brothers to carry on the family name. My understanding is that RBG was simply Ruth Ginsburg until she was nominated to SCOTUS, and then she started being known as Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Fun fact: RBG's family and childhood friends call her "Kiki".

littlelady

God bless the USA
It's never too late.

Back in the day it was common for women to use their maiden name as their middle name with no hyphen, especially if they were an only child or there were no brothers to carry on the family name. My understanding is that RBG was simply Ruth Ginsburg until she was nominated to SCOTUS, and then she started being known as Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Ruth Kiki Joan Bader Ginsberg, or whatever her name is, has been there way too long. If you have to place your vote by phone, you should not be a member of the Supreme Court of our beloved country. The Left tried to keep this covered up for as long as they could. Dang pancreatic tumor. It is Trump’s fault.

Last edited:

BOP

At least she's an honest liberal. She has defended both Gorsisch and Kanenaugh, actually praised Kavenaugh and how he treats his staff and people in the court.
"Honest," and "liberal" - two incongruous terms in this day and age. It wasn't always like that, but that's where we are now.

BOP

Ruth Kiki Joan Bader Ginsberg, or whatever her name is, has been there way too long. If you have to place your vote by phone, you should not be a member of the Supreme Court of our beloved country. The Left tried to keep this covered up for as long as they could. Dang pancreatic tumor. It is Trump’s fault.
She keeps getting disconnected during the dial-ins, and that's a pain when you have a rotary phone - on the wall.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It's never too late.

:yay:
...and this biography online says her given name is actually Joan Ruth.

This_person

Hillary (Diane) Rodham Clinton is another example. When she "married" Slick Willie, she got rid of her middle name and took her maiden name as her middle name instead.

Sapidus

If they weren't insane I wouldn't insult them.

I feel sorry for RBG, not only because she's ill and hasn't much time left, but because the crazy progs are screaming about Trump getting another Supreme nomination. Not upset that this accomplished woman's life is at an end, but because they don't want their mortal enemy The President of the United States to put another Justice on the Court.

Its sick and sad, and she deserves better.

Says the woman who started a thread about how much she cant wait for her to die.

it wasn't to long ago you wished death on John Mccain.

You have a serious problem and should be reported to the authorities

This_person

I'm fine with wishing ill on Mrs. Ginsberg - sufficient to get her off of the court. Someone who advocates for reducing the population "we don't want to have too many of" has no business being on the top court of the land.

Sapidus

View attachment 140254

I'm fine with wishing ill on Mrs. Ginsberg - sufficient to get her off of the court. Someone who advocates for reducing the population "we don't want to have too many of" has no business being on the top court of the land.

Again you lie and misrepresent to try to push your agenda.

If you read the whole exchange you will see your cherry picked quote doesnt hold water.

Ginsburg: The states that had changed their abortion laws before Roe [to make abortion legal] are not going to change back. So we have a policy that affects only poor women, and it can never be otherwise, and I don’t know why this hasn’t been said more often.

Bazelon: Are you talking about the distances women have to travel because in parts of the country, abortion is essentially unavailable, because there are so few doctors and clinics that do the procedure? And also, the lack of Medicaid for abortions for poor women?

Ginsburg: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. [Harris v. McRae — in 1980 the Court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.

Sapidus

She owns a gun too.

White terrorists on par with Muslim extremist's hoping for the death of their political adversaries.

Hopefully someone shows these posts to the police and she has her gun license taken away as a danger to others.

Unfortunately Trump lifted the ban on the mentally ill owning guns so psychos like these can wander freely among us

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Says the woman who started a thread about how much she cant wait for her to die.

What in the **** is wrong with you? Is it that you can't read or that the voices in your head confuse you when trying to decipher what you read?

I can never decide whether you're just a troll or if you're honestly insane.

This_person

Again you lie and misrepresent to try to push your agenda.

If you read the whole exchange you will see your cherry picked quote doesnt hold water.

Ginsburg: The states that had changed their abortion laws before Roe [to make abortion legal] are not going to change back. So we have a policy that affects only poor women, and it can never be otherwise, and I don’t know why this hasn’t been said more often.

Bazelon: Are you talking about the distances women have to travel because in parts of the country, abortion is essentially unavailable, because there are so few doctors and clinics that do the procedure? And also, the lack of Medicaid for abortions for poor women?

Ginsburg: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. [Harris v. McRae — in 1980 the Court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.
So, you're saying she was fine with the idea that there was a population "that we don't want too many of", but that Medicaid changed her mind?