Not Your Father's Root Beer

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Beer.

Anyone try this? A friend in Maryland told us about it and I finally found it here today. I got it for my husband, he loves root beer, but doesn't drink beer. One sip and he's hooked. I tried it and it tastes just like root beer.

Tampa is in the Stanley Cup and this will be his hockey game drink.

Attachments

• 11108946_1122744644407784_7817220208554661735_n.jpg
    11108946_1122744644407784_7817220208554661735_n.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 141

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Beer.

Anyone try this? A friend in Maryland told us about it and I finally found it here today. I got it for my husband, he loves root beer, but doesn't drink beer. One sip and he's hooked. I tried it and it tastes just like root beer.

Tampa is in the Stanley Cup and this will be his hockey game drink.

Do they have it in diet?

Lets go Lightning!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I haven't had that one, but St Inigoes General Store had a "hard" root beer, next to the hard cider, that I tried and enjoyed.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I haven't had that one, but St Inigoes General Store had a "hard" root beer, next to the hard cider, that I tried and enjoyed.

This stuff was over 11.00 a six pack, won't buy it often. If you remember the name of the stuff you had and if it was under 11 a six pack, let me know. TIA

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
This stuff was over 11.00 a six pack, won't buy it often. If you remember the name of the stuff you had and if it was under 11 a six pack, let me know. TIA

It was much less, but it was also a 4 pack. I actually thought at first someone had shelved it in the wrong cooler and it should have been with the sodas.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 111

KDENISE977

It was much less, but it was also a 4 pack. I actually thought at first someone had shelved it in the wrong cooler and it should have been with the sodas.

OHHHH.... I need to find this near me !!! My husband would LOVE this !!!

Bay_Kat

Tropical

Can you tell it's alcohol? The ones we have you can't tell at all.

There are two different brands... the one Mig displayed is "not your Granddad's rootbeer" and the one you mentioned is "not your dad's rootbeer". I've had the one Mig displayed and loved it.... I just recently spotted the one you described at the McKay's Hollywood store but haven't tried it yet. I also didn't pay attention to the price. I'm gonna try the 2nd and see if I have a favorite.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

I couldn't tell, at first. :lol: I actually thought it tasted like what a REAL root beer would taste like back in the day before electricity, like when the cowboys in the black and white movies would walk in and order a sarsaparilla.