Notary

I need a notary for a home purchase for which I'm closing tomorrow, but I don't know of any around here. Do you guys/gals know of any?

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I need a notary for a home purchase for which I'm closing tomorrow, but I don't know of any around here. Do you guys/gals know of any?

Normally who ever is doing the legal work with the closing is a notary or supplies one.

J

jaybeeztoo

If your closing involves a fee for title insurance, it's illegal to do a notary/witness closing. The person closing your loan must be a licensed settlement processor.

Good luck :ohwell:

J

jaybeeztoo

The home I'm purchasing is not in MD but rather Jacksonville, FL. I guess I could go to one of the local banks. Thanks for the replies.

Well maybe Jacksonville has different rules about title insurance and notaries, but I think you will find it hard at any bank around here. You could find a clueless notary to the rules.

I wish you the best.

J

jaybeeztoo

Thanks Jaybee but I'm either going to try Bank of America or UPS/FEDEX as my options. Here's to hoping

Good luck. Again, I am not sure of the laws in Florida, but I know in Maryland you have to go through formal license training to issue title insurance. Since this is a home purchase, I am positive title insurance is required. I just don't want you to get a bum deal. Good luck :yay:

C

CalvertNewbie

Chevy chase bank has notary public.

Don't most banks? I'm not sure but I know when I lived in NY, all banks seemed to have notaries. I went to a few different ones when I needed various documents notarized. But again, I'm not sure if it's different here in MD.

Someone mentioned that H&R Block also has a notary, could be worth a check if nothing else pans out.

D-35

NFCU Will

The home I'm purchasing is not in MD but rather Jacksonville, FL. I guess I could go to one of the local banks. Thanks for the replies.

If you're a member, NFCU will notarize documents for free, and you can be out of there in 15 mins max. Since my divorce :buddies:, I've had several things done there.

Now, the Florida thing might be a problem; but I doubt it. Check 'em out...

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
If you're a member, NFCU will notarize documents for free, and you can be out of there in 15 mins max. Since my divorce :buddies:, I've had several things done there.

Now, the Florida thing might be a problem; but I doubt it. Check 'em out...

On reading the subsequent post it sounds to me as if the OP needs to get the contracts notarized because they may need the signature acknowledged prior to overnighting the agreement/ contract. That will not be a problem at any local bank and it is usually free for account holders.

When we went to closing on our house in MD I do not recall that there was a notary because all involved parties and the attorney was present. Good luck to you though. I am sure that they would have told you about any special requirements prior to now as they know it's an out of state closing, sale.

Last edited:
K

kris31280

I remember getting something from CPFCU awhile back telling me they no longer notarize, maybe 3-4 months ago
They don't... I can't tell you how many people come down to get their stuff notarized because CPFCU sends them down here.

Well, I probably could if I checked my notary book...

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
If you're going to Bank of America they won't do it if you don't hold accounts with them. Also, most banks won't notorize legal documents pertaining to the purchase of a home unless it is a home loan that they are financing. Check into it before you waste your gas going!