Now I am really bent

R

rhumbpunch

Originally posted by Pete
OK, this whole thing seems to stem form me not having a "title". Even though Maine does not title trailers under 3,000lbs empty weight. So I call Maine DMV, the nice people there said "Yea that sucks, MD is goobered up". So they are sending me a "Letter of verification" with a raised state seal that they claim all states take. Maybe it will get here in time, maybe it won't. So I call Faststop back and say, I have a letter of verification coming from Maine. She says "A what?" :confused: I don't know if this will work but I am not going to let it stop me. I will get a red sticker with an 04 on it and fake the tag before I will buckle under to government sanctioned exstortion.

Pete,

If you haven't already, Try going directly through the state MVA office, not the faststop title joint.

good luck

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Gooseneck
Do you know anyone with a trailer tag/registration you can borrow for the trip?
Good idea, my neighbor has a trailer I can use those plates.

BTW, I just got off the phne with MVA and they said they would take the Letter of Verification form Maine. So instead of $700 in tax I get to pay only $350 plus all the assorted fees for tags, title and so on. Looks like it will only cost me about $500.

This answers an age old question men ponder all the time.

"Does size really matter?"

I think not, when all is said and done, while a little less startling a $500 shaft feels almost as bad as a $780 one. :ohwell:

C

cmdrfunk

Originally posted by Chain729
All I can say is: "Welcome to the communist state of Maryland."

what does communism have to do with anything?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I sure hope no one in here works for the DMV, but is it just me or are all the employees of DMV strange.....I think the supervisors feed the employees a-hole pills when they get there in the morning.....They can be some of the nastiest people on the planet .....Now I know they have a lot to put up with some times, but damn....It seems like every time I go to DMV there is a problem....You need to sign this, you need to fill out that form, you need to get in another line....and they treat you like you are stupid......I think they have you by the short hairs and they know it....I probably shouldn't be so hard on all of the employees.....The last time I did go there I actually saw one of them smile...

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by Dupontster
.....The last time I did go there I actually saw one of them smile...

He probably farted. I feel sorry for them. This is the only time in their pathetic lives they feel like they have any power over any body or any thing, so they go balls out to make sure you're aware of it.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Dupontster
I sure hope no one in here works for the DMV, but is it just me or are all the employees of DMV strange.....I think the supervisors feed the employees a-hole pills when they get there in the morning.....They can be some of the nastiest people on the planet .....Now I know they have a lot to put up with some times, but damn....It seems like every time I go to DMV there is a problem....You need to sign this, you need to fill out that form, you need to get in another line....and they treat you like you are stupid......I think they have you by the short hairs and they know it....I probably shouldn't be so hard on all of the employees.....The last time I did go there I actually saw one of them smile...
I have had good luck at the Loveville MVA. They are always decent and the lady examiner even went out of her way for my M/C test. Unfortunatly they don't do tags there.

Fast stop seems to be the best deal. Registering my truck here when I moved was pretty easy and painless. Yesterday freaked me out. I called the fast stop in LT to get a second opinion because the 2 women in the one in LP looked to be every bit of 23.

I have nothing against paying a fair fee for registering and titling but having to pay 5% property tax on the full price of something I bought 4 years ago after I already paid 5% to the rightful state I purchased it in seems insane.

Just another expamle of those "with" paying for those "without". MD is not the worst I have seen but yesterday had me pretty frustrated.

Gooseneck

I was at the Waldorf MVA doing some title during the first gulf war. There was a guy in line ahead of me who needed to get something done for his son who was serving over in the gulf.

The exchange went like this:

Man: I need to get this done for my son who is over in Kuwait.
MVA: OK, let's see. Oops, looks like we need his signature on this. Can you get him to sign it?
Man: Well, he's not here.
MVA: Isn't he sitting out in your car?
Man: No, I said he was in Kuwait.
MVA: I think he is in your car.
Man: Uh, he is in the Middle East.
MVA: Nope, I see him in the parking lot sitting in your car.
Man: *lightbulb* Ah, um, why yes he is. I'll be right back.

This still cracks me up whenever I think about it.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Originally posted by Gooseneck
I was at the Waldorf MVA doing some title during the first gulf war. There was a guy in line ahead of me who needed to get something done for his son who was serving over in the gulf.

The exchange went like this:

Man: I need to get this done for my son who is over in Kuwait.
MVA: OK, let's see. Oops, looks like we need his signature on this. Can you get him to sign it?
Man: Well, he's not here.
MVA: Isn't he sitting out in your car?
Man: No, I said he was in Kuwait.
MVA: I think he is in your car.
Man: Uh, he is in the Middle East.
MVA: Nope, I see him in the parking lot sitting in your car.
Man: *lightbulb* Ah, um, why yes he is. I'll be right back.

This still cracks me up whenever I think about it.

Every once and a while you'll get a good one.....Some of them would have made him og to Kuwait and get the sig....:biggrin:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Originally posted by aps45819
MD sucks for moving here and registering a car you bought somewhere else. They get away with it by calling it an "Excise" tax vs a sales tax.
Lets hear it for the FREE state.
Still trying to figure out WTH is free

I feel for anyone trying title/register a vehicle or boat from another state. Along with the paperwork requirements, MD taxes everytime a vehicle changes hands. I've had my money extorted for years from this "excise" tax, from in-state purchases. The reason MD is the "Free State", is that if you don't want to contribute to society and work to better yourself, MD will pay your bills, subsidize your rent, and basically let you live for free.

First post!