Now this is comical

rraley

I don't have alot of time (should be working, but we all know how that goes), but I would like to respond to some comments. First of all, to FromTexas...the Clinton interview was conducted in March, 2003, almost a year before the first primary when no average person was paying attention. A candidate's job during that part of the campaign is to raise money, raise money, and raise money. A message and substance is developed later and that is what Edwards did. He was the first Democratic candidate to come out with a handbook outlining his proposals and they were very well-thought out and reflective of helping the middle and working classes. His website used to have it, but they've taken it off since he was announced as the running mate. Everything that I have read from columnists that are not of the conservative persuasion have said that Edwards is a wonk on domestic matters. He is not a big thinker on foreign policy issues, though, I will give you that. But he is noway unexperienced on foreign policy. To Sam, there is no way in hell that Edwards is a Qualye. Qualye was not nationally known, had not campaigned for president, and had zero national exposure prior to his run with HW. Edwards has already been tested and he received the second highest amount of Democratic convention delegates.

As for the ratings you cited Sam, thank you. At least there is a rating that is not distorted and used improperly. I can swallow that rating. These guys are Democrats, remember, they are more liberal than Republicans. But these guys are not in demeanor and stances, more liberal than Ted Kennedy. And to say that they are the "most liberal ticket" ever is a misnomer. Remember McGovern and his pot legalization? Or Mondale/Ferraro who promised racial quotas and tax increases for all rates?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by rraley
Well Senator Edwards said that he wanted to ban partial birth abortions unless there was a "grave, serious threat to the mother." The partial birth abortion ban that passed Congress did not include provisions that made that stipulation.
I take it you are talking about SB#3 which became Public Law 108-105. If so, it certainly makes use of the provision. Read the language of Sec. 1531 which states,
"Sec. 1531. Partial -birth abortions prohibited
(a) Any physician who, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly performs a partial -birth abortion and thereby kills a human fetus shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both. This subsection does not apply to a partial -birth abortion that is necessary to save the life of a mother whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, physical illness, or physical injury, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself. This subsection takes effect 1 day after the enactment."

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by Ken King
I take it you are talking about SB#3 which became Public Law 108-105. If so, it certainly makes use of the provision. Read the language of Sec. 1531 which states,
"Sec. 1531. Partial -birth abortions prohibited
(a) Any physician who, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly performs a partial -birth abortion and thereby kills a human fetus shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both. This subsection does not apply to a partial -birth abortion that is necessary to save the life of a mother whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, physical illness, or physical injury, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself. This subsection takes effect 1 day after the enactment."
I had heard that the language was in there and wanted to say something, but didn't have the text. Good job Ken. :cheers:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by ylexot
I had heard that the language was in there and wanted to say something, but didn't have the text. Good job Ken. :cheers:
Your welcome. Another tidbit from that legislation is this,
"A woman upon whom a partial-birth abortion is performed may not be prosecuted under this section, for a conspiracy to violate this section, or for an offense under section 2, 3, or 4 of this title based on a violation of this section.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's hilarious!!!

I think we have another Dan Quayle here

I was thinking the same thing. Everybody (left wing political hacks aka 'The media') is all excited about Edwards '2 Nations' stump speach and COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that it took him most of the primary to develop it. Quick study, that guy.

He flopped around until something took. Whoop dee do. Blind squirrel. Democratic voters still took the dry and droll Kerry en masse over Edwards.

"Sen. Edwards, care to spell a few words for our audience?"

:killingme: