Now we've got this to worry about.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You think that bridge would hold up under that type of force?
Well .... there's only one way to find out. Actually though? I'm thinking it would. Relativity speaking, those pylons are pretty thin. And, that bridge has been through at least couple of hurricanes. But I'll make sure to stand directly above a pylon in case a road section falls off.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I checked my home's elevation last night: 105 feet above the bay. I have two small hills within a 1/2 mile that top 130 feet ...so,...I am staying put.
Canned goods? and other "necessities" already on hand.
I checked an elevation map and my place in Owings is at 154 ft above sea level. I may stand a chance upstairs at home or at my neighbors house up on a hill. 😄

Kinnakeet

Why is anyone even worried how is a bunch of dirt falling into the ocean going to cause a tidal wave 3000 feet high at first then travel 3000+ miles and still be 100 feet high it all democrat BS just like the mask and vaccine

Hessian

Psalm 46: 1-3
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

(Just to calm the fluttering hearts....)

GregV814

I'm no scientist, believe me....but 2 things here...

Are we assuming the worst case scenario here?
Do you believe the media hype? All these things happening after 1/21/21? Stay home, quit you job, commit suicide before CoVid hits you? Don't go out! Joe is YOUR LEADER, don't ask questions, open the f**king flood gates to diseased mercenaries!
Anybody in a heterosexual single race family is worse that the devil.
Now a flood/tsunami off the coast of Africa is going to swallow you and your house!! even though it may not happen, run around like chicken little. Don't forget boys and girls, the Bay is NOT the Ocean...there is a significant land mass between here and "down da Ocean hon."
Now that Trebek is gone , ABC Disney is upside down trying not to offend any lunatic fringe with a host, ........ my head is exploding and Dunkin Donuts are stale!!!!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm no scientist, believe me....but 2 things here...

Are we assuming the worst case scenario here?
Do you believe the media hype? All these things happening after 1/21/21? Stay home, quit you job, commit suicide before CoVid hits you? Don't go out! Joe is YOUR LEADER, don't ask questions, open the f**king flood gates to diseased mercenaries!
Anybody in a heterosexual single race family is worse that the devil.
Now a flood/tsunami off the coast of Africa is going to swallow you and your house!! even though it may not happen, run around like chicken little. Don't forget boys and girls, the Bay is NOT the Ocean...there is a significant land mass between here and "down da Ocean hon."
Now that Trebek is gone , ABC Disney is upside down trying not to offend any lunatic fringe with a host, ........ my head is exploding and Dunkin Donuts are stale!!!!
Well, it is only a possibility as it has happened before at La Plama, but nevertheless, still a possibility. Think about it, a mass of land 25km long, 15km wide and 1,400m thick sliding into the ocean to a depth of 4000 meters. Bound to cause some big wave action.

Here is a link to some actual scientific research done on the subject from 2013.

Hessian

If I may ...

Well, it is only a possibility as it has happened before at La Plama, but nevertheless, still a possibility. Think about it, a mass of land 25km long, 15km wide and 1,400m thick sliding into the ocean to a depth of 4000 meters. Bound to cause some big wave action.

Here is a link to some actual scientific research done on the subject from 2013.
That was a helpful read,...a bit less bombastic. I was looking at 16-32 foot surge on the East coast. Which in itself would be staggering. The Travel time was accurate of 7.5-8 hours with a prolonged period of surges. That would be adequate if we had a normal civilized population to respond. Sadly, we don't.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This damn thing doesn't want to stop... earlier today!!!

Two new eruptive mouths from which more and more lava is coming out of the crater.

I read that apparently this is a good thing to have it erupting and blowing new vents. It is said that worrying should start if there is a 6 Richter or greater earth quake. It's the venting, eruptions, that stop the greater quakes from happening.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
If I may ...

I read that apparently this is a good thing to have it erupting and blowing new vents. It is said that worrying should start if there is a 6 Richter or greater earth quake. It's the venting, eruptions, that stop the greater quakes from happening.

I certainly hope so - the amount of small quakes they have had there has been mind blowing.