Now we've got this to worry about.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Still goin...

Japan is having issues with massive amounts of pumice accumulation in the waterways, clogging everything, affecting wildlife.

Hessian

Still goin...

Saw the report yesterday: 1400-1600 foot bursts of LAVA (not ash) with multiple vents. A large bulge of 10 cm has appeared on the side of a cinder cone. 4.9 richter scale quake topped several smaller quakes. So...keep on the alert. The fun may become more intense!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Saw the report yesterday: 1400-1600 foot bursts of LAVA (not ash) with multiple vents. A large bulge of 10 cm has appeared on the side of a cinder cone. 4.9 richter scale quake topped several smaller quakes. So...keep on the alert. The fun may become more intense!
I wonder what is worse. The near constant non-stop cycling of earthquakes under the volcano registering in the 3's, and sometimes in the 4's, or one or two bigger ones in the 5's, 6's or 7's? Which of these has the highest propensity to cause the island to cleave off into the Atlantic?

As a non-volcanologist, non-geologist, non-physic, nor a tea leaf reader, I would think having the ground being constantly shaken would produce catastrophe, rather than one or two big shakes.

Hessian

If I may ...

I wonder what is worse. The near constant non-stop cycling of earthquakes under the volcano registering in the 3's, and sometimes in the 4's, or one or two bigger ones in the 5's, 6's or 7's? Which of these has the highest propensity to cause the island to cleave off into the Atlantic?

As a non-volcanologist, non-geologist, non-physic, nor a tea leaf reader, I would think having the ground being constantly shaken would produce catastrophe, rather than one or two big shakes.
As a novice...I would suppose the DEPTH of the quake is of key concern. A deep 6.0 could be interpreted one way,...while a shallow 3.5 would be explained another way. BOTH could seriously impact the current venting. The cinder cone is not stable as we saw a partial blow out about 10 days ago. Has anyone noticed anything on the MSM that you accidentally watched recently?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

As a novice...I would suppose the DEPTH of the quake is of key concern. A deep 6.0 could be interpreted one way,...while a shallow 3.5 would be explained another way. BOTH could seriously impact the current venting. The cinder cone is not stable as we saw a partial blow out about 10 days ago. Has anyone noticed anything on the MSM that you accidentally watched recently?
What's really ironic, if not scary, is that about five hours after I posted the above, a 5.0 quake shook the island.

The MSM for some reason is not reporting much at all about La Palma. Crickets is coming from them on that subject.

Hessian

The LaPalma volcano seems especially active today. Steam vents are now appearing along the famous ridge-top crack. We have also had a 5.1 rock the island. It is NOT out of the question that the steam build up under the 6000 foot ledge is a major cause for concern. If it goes,...we are in for a very grim time on the East coast.

black dog

Free America
It doesn't take much from Nature to bring a technologically dependent society to a shuddering halt.

With The Single Marine thing my son and about 30 others did a beach pumice cleanup last weekend at Camp Schwab, he said some was on the beach at Schwab but not in the water.

black dog

Free America
My son walked to the beach at Camp Schwab and picked up a few chunks of the pumice from the volcano.

Attachments

• IMG-20211114-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20211114-WA0002.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-20211114-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20211114-WA0000.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 77

Hessian

Would throwing Greta Thunberg in the Volcano stop it?
It seemed to be the formula for multiple ancient cultures, and they seemed to have survived, so I think there may be some rationale.