Oakwood Lodge

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Frank has passed. Thanks for introduction to Black Diamond steak and all the yummy meals and good times over the years. Rest in peace.

:bawl:
Oakwood Lodge was my (and some other friends') hangout I had after I graduated HS. We loved that place! My dad knew Frank, so it was "dad-approved" as well. :lol: Frank made me my first Long Island Iced Tea. 😋

My friends and I had so many great dinners and tons of dancing nights there. RIP, Mr. Toth. :buddies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I ran into Frankie (Frank Jr.) back in October and he said Rick was working down south but I don't remember exactly where now. It may have been Florida.
I was just informed a few minutes ago that Frank Jr. passed away yesterday... !!! No further details. Jean has to be beyond devastated...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was just informed a few minutes ago that Frank Jr. passed away yesterday... !!! No further details. Jean has to be beyond devastated...
Damn, so sorry to hear that. To lose both your husband and a son so close together makes my heart hurt even more for her and the rest of the family. :bawl:

General Lee

Frank has passed. Thanks for introduction to Black Diamond steak and all the yummy meals and good times over the years. Rest in peace.

I heard the same thing

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Francis Joseph Toth Jr., "Frankie", 62, of Great Mills, MD formerly from Piney Point, MD passed away at his home on June 10, 2019. He was born on March 27, 1957 in Phoenixville, PA and was the loving son of Jean Toth of Hollywood, MD and the late Francis Joseph Toth, Sr. He was a graduate from Great Mills High School Great Mills, MD. Frankie was a chief cook for the Seafarers Union until 2018.

Frankie is survived by his children Joey Toth of Las Vegas, NV, Shay Toth of Las Vegas, NV, Jaimee Oliver of Las Vegas, NV, Spencer Toth of Ridgewood, NY and 5 grandchildren. Along with his siblings Karen Stanley, Terri Evans, and Ricky Toth. He was preceded in death by his daughter Aimee Toth.

A Funeral Service will be held on Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM in the Lexington United Methodist Church Lexington Park, MD with Pastor Lori and Doug Hays officiating. Interment will be private. Arrangements by Mattingley-Gardiner Funeral Home.

https://somd.com/announcements/obit...h.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

ontheriver

Oh so many wonderful memories of Oakwood Lodge. Dancing and the shrimp in the basket before heading home....
Those were GREAT times. Frank and Jeanne were always so kind. I always thought Jeanne was a class act. RIP

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm sure many remembered the (in)famous "Uncle Andy", Frank's uncle that was a regular fixture at the bar. Andy passed away quite a few years ago. The reason I bring that up is that Andy's best friend was another well-known local character and former bartender at OCI, Swanns and occasionally Oakwood too. We lost Victor (Butch) Bukewicz April 2.

Butch did an amazing impression of Uncle Andy, who had a very distinct way of speaking and gesturing. Butch would dress up and "play" Uncle Andy at the Halloween costume parties that used to be held at Chief's and OCI every year back in the day.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'm sure many remembered the (in)famous "Uncle Andy", Frank's uncle that was a regular fixture at the bar. Andy passed away quite a few years ago. The reason I bring that up is that Andy's best friend was another well-known local character and former bartender at OCI, Swanns and occasionally Oakwood too. We lost Victor (Butch) Bukewicz April 2.
"Ehhhh, take a shot!"

ontheriver

Butch did an amazing impression of Uncle Andy, who had a very distinct way of speaking and gesturing. Butch would dress up and "play" Uncle Andy at the Halloween costume parties that used to be held at Chief's and OCI every year back in the day.
I was a cheap date in those days and remember waking up on the couch across from Uncle Andy one night. Good times.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

LOVED Uncle Andy and remember him fondly. QUITE the ladies man!

I was 18/19yrs old when I first started going there - he also used to look out for us like we were his own nieces or daughters..

Last edited: