Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

K

ketelone

Does anybody have a fool proof oatmeal raisin cookie recipe?

I have tried to make them over and over again and they don't come out right. When I bake them, they won't form into a cookie. When I take itout of the oven, it looks like Granola.

lovinmaryland

:howdy:

I do...but it's at home. The secret is soaking the raisins. :yay: I'll post it tonight.

:yay:

I have a recipe and the cookies turn out tasting just like the Mothers Oatmeal Raisin Cookies all soft and chewy. That is part of the secret soaking the raisins and then the recipe also calls for you to pulse have the soaked raisins in the food processor w/ the liquid. They are delish!!! :drool:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Try theses:

Must-Have Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup raisins
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces or chunks

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl, combine raisins and boiling water; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar or substitute, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda. Beat until combined. Add flour; beat until smooth. Stir oats.
3. Drain the raisins; stir raisins and chocolate pieces into oat mixture.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. Makes about 40 cookies.
*Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Splenda Granular or Sugar Twin or Sweet 'N Low packets in bulk. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar. With Sweet 'N Low, you'll get about 34 cookies.

I use regular ingredients, no sugar substitute and real eggs.

Cowgirl

Does anybody have a fool proof oatmeal raisin cookie recipe?

I have tried to make them over and over again and they don't come out right. When I bake them, they won't form into a cookie. When I take itout of the oven, it looks like Granola.

What kind of butter or margerine are you using?

lovinmaryland

I dunnno..but I do know if you use some of the lower fat margarines, you will get flat, icky cookies.

exactly! I never us all margarine. But if I am making a cookie that I want to have a softer texture I usually add a few tablespoons of margarine to the mixer along w/ the unsalted butter.

K

ketelone

Toll House Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Turn your oven on, slap them on a cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes. They're delicious - raw or baked doesn't matter - and making them doesn't mess your kitchen up.

I am leaning more and more towards that. I am not big on baking. I love to cook but baking is just not my thing. But, since I have 2 daughters I was trying to do something on the weekend with them. I remember making cookies with my mom when I was little. She always let me eat the dough off the blender! Yum-O!

Cowgirl

:yeahthat:

Although I thought that using margarine resulted in softer cookies and ketelone said that the cookies were crunchy and granola like :confused:

I never use any sort of tub margerine when I bake. Sometimes cookies won't set up properly since the tub stuff is so soft. I thought ketelone meant the cookies all flattened out together. :shrug:

lovinmaryland

I never use any sort of tub margerine when I bake. Sometimes cookies won't set up properly since the tub stuff is so soft. I thought ketelone meant the cookies all flattened out together. :shrug:

Not the tub the sticks of margarine. cut up a few tablespoons and add it to cookies you like soft. (normally for me that is snickerdoodles & oatmeal raisin)

K

ketelone

That is exactly what they did. The flattened out and crumbled when I tried to take them off the cookie sheet.