Ob/gyn

sm8

So does anyone have any good suggestions for a OB. I am currently 7 weeks pg and need to pick one. I was seeing Dr. Neal but Dr. Nwadike was covering for her and told me 2 weeks ago I miscaried and I had to schedule and appt. for a D&C. Dr. Neal ran my numbers again and due to the fact they significantly increased she ordered another sono. We have a heartbeat so obviously I did not miscarry just must of ovulated late making me not as far along. Needless to say I no longer feel confortable going there and need to pick a new Dr. I felt slightly unconfortable to start with and that was just the icing on the cake.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Dr. Tilley in Leonardtown
Dr. Polko in Leonardtown
Dr. Estes in Prince Frederick
Dr. Johnson in Prince Frederick

sam2chris

:yeahthat: Dr. Polko!!!!!! I love her!!!!!!! I actually missed going in there every month/week & seeing her after I had my daughter. She's great!!

LyndaS

Dr. Polko is the greatest!! I've seen her through all three of my pregnancies and she is wonderful!!

J

jp2854

Another vote for Dr. Polko she is very good and is very caring.

SoMDMama82

So does anyone have any good suggestions for a OB. I am currently 7 weeks pg and need to pick one. I was seeing Dr. Neal but Dr. Nwadike was covering for her and told me 2 weeks ago I miscaried and I had to schedule and appt. for a D&C. Dr. Neal ran my numbers again and due to the fact they significantly increased she ordered another sono. We have a heartbeat so obviously I did not miscarry just must of ovulated late making me not as far along. Needless to say I no longer feel confortable going there and need to pick a new Dr. I felt slightly unconfortable to start with and that was just the icing on the cake.

I went to Neal/Nwadike during my pregnancy. I loved them.

They do not to sono's there...did you go to the Phillip J Bean building? I went there one time (my frist pregnancy) and I think they were very unprofessional! They let me know they couldn't find a heart beat, but wouldn't tell me anything more...just "go see your doctor tomorrow". I was a WRECK going home!

Dr. Neal was furious because they should not have told me anything. She said I could do the blood work to check my hormone level to be sure. Unfortunately, the blood work showed my hormones had gone down, and I had miscarried.

If Dr. Nwadike was going by what the Shaws at the Bean building told her, I don't think it would be completely their fault.

I went do Neal/Nwadike for my second pregnancy and they were the best! I loved the doctors and staff! I REFUSED to have my sono's done a the Bean building though! I went to Patuxent Imaging in PF from then on out for sono's! (they have great staff too!)

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

They do not to sono's there...did you go to the Phillip J Bean building? I went there one time (my frist pregnancy) and I think they were very unprofessional! They let me know they couldn't find a heart beat, but wouldn't tell me anything more...just "go see your doctor tomorrow". I was a WRECK going home!

Dr. Neal was furious because they should not have told me anything. She said I could do the blood work to check my hormone level to be sure. Unfortunately, the blood work showed my hormones had gone down, and I had miscarried.

If Dr. Nwadike was going by what the Shaws at the Bean building told her, I don't think it would be completely their fault.

I went do Neal/Nwadike for my second pregnancy and they were the best! I loved the doctors and staff! I REFUSED to have my sono's done a the Bean building though! I went to Patuxent Imaging in PF from then on out for sono's! (they have great staff too!)

Dr. Tilly do the sonogram right in his office. He has a sonogram machine (black and white). If you wants the color, 3D, and 4D sonogram, there is a place in Waldorf, that one was GREAT! :yay:

SoMDMama82

Dr. Tilly do the sonogram right in his office. He has a sonogram machine (black and white). If you wants the color, 3D, and 4D sonogram, there is a place in Waldorf, that one was GREAT! :yay:

In PennBrook (sp?)? I think Patuxten Imagining has a sister place in Waldorf, and one in Clinton. They did 2D, 3D, and 4D on my...and told me to bring a DVD-R and they would put the pictures on them. They couldn't put the 4D on, but they did the 2D and 3D for me. I will definately use them in the (hopefully not to near) future! :lmao:

rubyrox

I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant with my first and I use Dr. Estes. I'd never even been to a gyno before so when I was picking out an OB I was a little nervous about the whole thing. She's really nice and knowledgable and I feel really comfortable with her. Good luck!

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant with my first and I use Dr. Estes. I'd never even been to a gyno before so when I was picking out an OB I was a little nervous about the whole thing. She's really nice and knowledgable and I feel really comfortable with her. Good luck!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Estes! I wish I could afford gas just to cross over the bridge for each appointments. :frown:

M

missperky

I have to agree w/ the masses Dr. Polko was by far the best Obgyn I have ever had/have. The woman is an animal she stays w/ her patients at the hospital until they all deliver (that is very rare nowadays)

She has wonderful beside manners. I had 4 different dr's deliver and I liked Polko the best.

lovinmaryland

She has wonderful beside manners. I had 4 different dr's deliver and I liked Polko the best.

Same here... she was so awesome she knew that I already had three boys and may be overwhelmed the first few days at home alone so she cleared it w/ my insurance company to keep me in the hospital a few extra days to help me transition. I see her out and about all the time and is a perfect person

D1VA

:yeahthat: i love them also!!

granny45

Got a letter from Dr. Wynham's office yesterday. Dr. Wynham is leaving her practice and moving to Tennessee. She is transferring all her patients to Dr. Neal. You do have the option to go to someone else if you want.

J

jp2854

Yes you have an option you don't have to go to dr.neal. When I left her I went with dr. polko who practiced with her for a while. Dr. Polko is the best gyn I have ever been to.