Ob/gyn

kelb

art imitating life
I use Dr Jones in Waldorf in the Civista medical office. I love her. She used to work this Dr. Aron in Laplata but she left.. THANK GOD
DO NOT USE DR ARON!! check him out in the judicial system.. bad bad doctor

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Yes you have an option you don't have to go to dr.neal. When I left her I went with dr. polko who practiced with her for a while. Dr. Polko is the best gyn I have ever been to.

Polko practiced with Neal? I don't ever recall that. I used Dr. Neal and Rothberg when I had my son (1998). Shortly after Neal went out on her own and I stayed with her. I don't ever recall Polko being in the same office as Neal.

Polko has brought on a new Dr. Dr. Davis has joined her practice. I spoke with my cousin yesterday who is 38 weeks prego and said she has hear nothing but good things about Dr. Davis. Davis delivered my other cousin's baby back in 96 and just delivered another cousin's baby last Sunday. They all rave about him.

shannonbrio

So does anyone have any good suggestions for a OB. I am currently 7 weeks pg and need to pick one. I was seeing Dr. Neal but Dr. Nwadike was covering for her and told me 2 weeks ago I miscaried and I had to schedule and appt. for a D&C. Dr. Neal ran my numbers again and due to the fact they significantly increased she ordered another sono. We have a heartbeat so obviously I did not miscarry just must of ovulated late making me not as far along. Needless to say I no longer feel confortable going there and need to pick a new Dr. I felt slightly unconfortable to start with and that was just the icing on the cake.

Dr. Tilley hands down! More experienced, great office staff, and great bedside manner. If you want a good OB/GYN ask someone who works on the OB ward. They usually know the drs better than anyone else.

sockgirl77

One more vote for Dr. Polko. She is the best.
Dr. Tiley is a jerk with the worst bedside manner I've ever seen and you know I've been through my share of OB/GYNs.

J

jp2854

Polko practiced with Neal? I don't ever recall that. I used Dr. Neal and Rothberg when I had my son (1998). Shortly after Neal went out on her own and I stayed with her. I don't ever recall Polko being in the same office as Neal.

Polko has brought on a new Dr. Dr. Davis has joined her practice. I spoke with my cousin yesterday who is 38 weeks prego and said she has hear nothing but good things about Dr. Davis. Davis delivered my other cousin's baby back in 96 and just delivered another cousin's baby last Sunday. They all rave about him.

no polko practiced with windham not neal. I heard stories about neal.

LandingInLondon

i used to go to Dr. Neal/Nwadike. I ended up switching to Dr. Johnson across the bridge. I didnt like being rushed or the impatient noises Dr Neal AND Nwadike made when i had an extra question.

ashliekay711

So does anyone have any good suggestions for a OB. I am currently 7 weeks pg and need to pick one. I was seeing Dr. Neal but Dr. Nwadike was covering for her and told me 2 weeks ago I miscaried and I had to schedule and appt. for a D&C. Dr. Neal ran my numbers again and due to the fact they significantly increased she ordered another sono. We have a heartbeat so obviously I did not miscarry just must of ovulated late making me not as far along. Needless to say I no longer feel confortable going there and need to pick a new Dr. I felt slightly unconfortable to start with and that was just the icing on the cake.

Dr. Polko in L-town is really good, but i still <3 Dr. Hotchkiss in Waldorf, he's my gyno and delivered my 2 sisters and he's really nice, will make you feel very comfortable and knows what he's talking about...

BTW CONGRATULATIONS!!!:flowers:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
This is my 4th pregnancy, but I lost 2 to miscarriages :( My daughter was delivered by Neal and Nwadike, who at the time I would have recommended to anyone (especially Nwadike). Although I did have sonogram issues w/ Neal, but Nwadike fixed the issue. But with my first miscarriage Neal was very short with me, saying over the phone when I called to see if my hormone levels had dropped for sure "Didn't anyone tell you - it is a miscarriage," and that was it.... yikes..
With my second miscarriage, while I didn't feel like I was being a pest I was concerned about the amount of blood I was losing on a daily basis, they all acted toward the end like talking to me was such a pain. At one point I lost so much blood that it came GUSHING out in a single gush, through my pants (of course) all over the ground - just everywhere, I think everyone around me at the time thought I was hemorrhaging. It was pretty scary and the hospital couldn't get through to my Dr.s and I had to call them to find out what they thought was going on and what we had to do next :( They also wanted to run a few tests on me at the on set of the miscarriage, to see if there was some reason why I was experiencing another, but then at the end they seemed to think it didn't matter and tried to avoid writing the order for the blood work (this I don't understand, I ran into the same problem when Neal didn't want to give me a second sono - even though my insurance would pay for it - I got the feeling that writing the orders was too much work :(

Anyway I'm a Polko's office now and really have enjoyed all the Dr.s except one is a little quick with the appointments (I can't remember her name - I think it starts with an "S" - but she is very friendly). I have to agree with whoever mentioned Dr. Davis - he is SO nice! I tell you with him and Polko that office is set, both are so friendly, down to earth and knowledgeable.

And on a quick note - my sister used Tiley and really liked him. I helped her deliver and would not use him myself because as someone mentioned he has a very poor bedside manor and was rather arrogant, he seemed very bored with being there and really was very rude to my mother.

That's just my experience and 2 cents :)