• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

retiredweaxman

Military can barely handle wars on 2 fronts. Even though we are "scaling down" the efforts in Iraq, the Generals and Admirals should tell "The Chosen One" that another war would be counterproductive to morale in the ranks.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yes, with a caveat.

Against whom?

I can see people getting REALLY pissed off.. and if he gets re-elected I don't know how pissed off they will get. I don't foresee fighting in the streets (he'll probably have all the guns by then) but I can see a VERY divided country. Who knows where it will end up.. But I think we should be concerned.

I wonder if we are going to have to call in UN Peacekeepers next Presidential election, and have poll watchers from places like Uganda and Poland making sure it's a fair election.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes, with a caveat.

Against whom?

I can see people getting REALLY pissed off.. and if he gets re-elected I don't know how pissed off they will get. I don't foresee fighting in the streets (he'll probably have all the guns by then) but I can see a VERY divided country. Who knows where it will end up.. But I think we should be concerned.

I wonder if we are going to have to call in UN Peacekeepers next Presidential election, and have poll watchers from places like Uganda and Poland making sure it's a fair election.

Good Lord; pick one. A strike against Iran is most likely. Forces already on the ground to follow up an air strike. Venezuela would make a nice chump. Back to Somalia. Invade Arizona.

Doesn't have to be much of a war.

Pushrod

Patriot
Good Lord; pick one. A strike against Iran is most likely. Forces already on the ground to follow up an air strike. Venezuela would make a nice chump. Back to Somalia. Invade Arizona.

The only other war I see him waging is on 'We the People'. Once he crushes our individual spirit, all will be 'right' in his world.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The only other war I see him waging is on 'We the People'. Once he crushes our individual spirit, all will be 'right' in his world.

It would appear, to me, that he has fired the spirit of many of we, the people to resist over reach of our government and lessened the spirit of many who saw him as messiah.

Will Obama choose to add another war in an effort to serve his larger purposes?

You mean, like a war on business? Nevermind, got that one. A war on prosperity? Nevermind, got that one too. A war on the rule of law? Nevermind, declared that one long ago. A war on freedom - choice and accountability there for? Nevermind, ...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You mean, like a war on business? Nevermind, got that one. A war on prosperity? Nevermind, got that one too. A war on the rule of law? Nevermind, declared that one long ago. A war on freedom - choice and accountability there for? Nevermind, ...

No. A war on Iran. Or Venezuela. Or Arizona or some other place that might provide him unifying benefit...

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I understand what you are suggesting.

The best way to influence people is to fabricate an enemy for everyone to hate. Doctors, and health insurance companies.. DONE... Car Companies.. DONE.. Wall Street and Rich people.. In progress.. He'll find one yet that the majority will agree are our enemies, whether it be someone internal or external to the US, but it is in his best interests to fabricate an enemy (that he can defeat) prior to 2012.

I DON'T think it will be Chavez, too many similarities.

TurboK9

There is always the chance that it won't be Obama's war... but just a war. N Korea re-initiating full scale hostilities could not be considered solely Obamas burden. And, it's always a possibility.

Pushrod

Patriot
It would appear, to me, that he has fired the spirit of many of we, the people to resist over reach of our government and lessened the spirit of many who saw him as messiah.

So then, don't you see the possiblity of him initiating a 'war' on 'we the people' of say the Tea Party movement along with gun owners and Conservatives. His administration is going all out to paint us as the boogiemen of this nation.

E

EmptyTimCup

So then, don't you see the possiblity of him initiating a 'war' on 'we the people' of say the Tea Party movement along with gun owners and Conservatives. His administration is going all out to paint us as the boogiemen of this nation.

:yeahthat:

the next Civil War .......

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No and hell no. He figures Tea Party people as the same dupes most of the GOP; raise a flag, send a soldier off to some ####-hole and they all suddenly, and irrationally, line up behind the good old commander in chief. :patriot:

This is what has truly turned me off the GOP; we don't trust him with our freaking money but, by Gawd, we'll trust him with the lives of our kids. We can make more money. We can't replace our best and brightest so, we need to make god damn sure their blood is being spilt for the good of THIS nation and not someones vanity or ego.

Obama, like the Cesar's or any other self respecting asshat, knows damn well it is easier to get things done not only when there is the distraction of war but, all those high accomplishment, strong, high character and highly intelligent military people are not in the political arena neither.

It remains to be seen. The LAST thing I trust Obama with is the military.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I DON'T think it will be Chavez, too many similarities.

If he will throw his pastor and grandmother under the bus of political expediency he sure as hell would throw one of the worlds excess despots under there, too.

Dontcha think?

Pushrod

Patriot
No and hell no. He figures Tea Party people as the same dupes most of the GOP; raise a flag, send a soldier off to some ####-hole and they all suddenly, and irrationally, line up behind the good old commander in chief. :patriot:

It remains to be seen. The LAST thing I trust Obama with is the military.

I concur, but that still leaves the problem of his all out attack on the teaparty movement. You only use propaganda to demonize something before you make a move to destroy it, either through law or police action (or both), so that the unaffected people accept whatever decree against the perceived evil the regime decrees.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I concur, but that still leaves the problem of his all out attack on the teaparty movement. You only use propaganda to demonize something before you make a move to destroy it, either through law or police action (or both), so that the unaffected people accept whatever decree against the perceived evil the regime decrees.

Look, later this summer, Obama and company are going to be rather flattering and encouraging of the the Tea party in situations where he'd like to encourage a third party/indy run to dilute a race a GOP'er is winning.

We're getting off topic here, which is OK but, my larger point is that if there really is a blood bath for the Dems this fall, Obama, facing an R congress with subpoena power is going to be looking for ways to regain the initiative he's wasted on the stimulus and healthcare. And a war is a good one used by many a potus.

Pushrod

Patriot
Look, later this summer, Obama and company are going to be rather flattering and encouraging of the the Tea party in situations where he'd like to encourage a third party/indy run to dilute a race a GOP'er is winning.

We're getting off topic here, which is OK but, my larger point is that if there really is a blood bath for the Dems this fall, Obama, facing an R congress with subpoena power is going to be looking for ways to regain the initiative he's wasted on the stimulus and healthcare. And a war is a good one used by many a potus.

I don't think it IS off topic. I think there could be some event (manufactured?) that allows him to sign executive orders naming anyone who is Teaparty/conservative as a domestic terrorist and subject to round ups. If he gets rid of half of his opposition in one fell swoop, the dems will have the elections in the bag. I know this is way out there on the fringe of possiblities, but with the demonizing of us that is going on I have that nagging feeling that something like that is in the pot.

E

EmptyTimCup

NO !!!

Their Sycophants have already started attacking the Tea Party ....

or did you forget 2 weeks ago the NAACP announcements ..........