Obama supports Muslim Mosque

PsyOps

Pixelated
It doesn't take a genious to figure out what is going on, but failure to do so, that isn't altogether surprising for one who still believes in Obama.

I don’t see this so much as a provocative move to incite the anger of Americans (although it is that); I see this as a move by the Muslim community to show how willingly Obama (the most powerful man in the world) will bow to the will of these people. Obama KNOWS this is intended to be a slap in the face of Americans, and intends to make sure that slap hits every one of us squarely on the cheek.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Then you have Obama back-tracking with this "wisdom" vs. "rights" nonsense. I have a right to go down into the middle of inner-city DC and make all sorts of disparaging remarks about how dumb I think Washingtonians are, but would that be wise?

ImnoMensa

I don’t see this so much as a provocative move to incite the anger of Americans (although it is that); I see this as a move by the Muslim community to show how willingly Obama (the most powerful man in the world) will bow to the will of these people. Obama KNOWS this is intended to be a slap in the face of Americans, and intends to make sure that slap hits every one of us squarely on the cheek.

>>>>>Cordoba refers to the Spanish town of Cordoba. In the 8th century, Muslims conquered the south of Spain and massacred many thousands of non-believers. Around 1100, the Muslim jurist Ibn Abdun formulated the following legal opinions:

No Jew or Christian may be allowed to wear the dress of an aristocrat, nor of a jurist, nor of a wealthy individual; on the contrary they must be detested and avoided. It is forbidden to [greet] them with the [expression], “Peace be upon you.” In effect, “Satan has gained possession of them, and caused them to forget God’s warning. They are the confederates of Satan’s party; Satan’s confederates will surely be the losers!” A distinctive sign must be imposed upon them in order that they may be recognized and this will be for them a form of disgrace.

In 1011, Muslims massacred the Jews of Cordoba. In 1066, in Granada, 4,000 Jews were killed in one day by Muslims. Despite the terrible bloodshed, there were periods of relative tolerance towards Christians and Jews in Al Andalus, but never based upon mutual recognition and respect but always under Muslim sovereignty<<<<<<<<

Why would they pick Cordoba for the name of their toilet if not to be provacative?

BOP

The 2 mosques in Lower Manhattan are 4 blocks ( founded in 1970) and 12 blocks ( founded 1985) from where the WTC stood.

The location of the new mosque is 3 blocks away...in the old Burlington Coat Factory.It is not a Ground Zero location, rather 2 blocks away and is near a Woolworth, St Pauls Chapel, St Peters Catholic Church, Tweed Courthouse and Oh God...one block away from J&R Music World...
Also near by is an Amish Market

You do remember it was Moslems that killed over 3,000 people in the World Trade Center attacks, don't you? It certainly wasn't the Amish or the kids on break from Music World.

Are we to zone off a 3-5-8 block radius of the remains of the World trade Center because someone we dont like wants to move in?

Perfectly reasonable to me.

Because many people died there for no reason?

Is that how you libtards are spinning it nowadays? What next? Soon, you people will be denying that it, like the Holocaust, even happened.

Are we to block off the spot on Rt 2/4 where John Smith or Jane Doe died so no cars run over the sacred spot where he/she died for no reason?
How about building a house over sacred gound belonging to native americans who died cause we didnt like them?

What are you talking about? You been smoking that whacky-tobaccy again?

Or how about blocking NYC to all who we dont like?

Personally, I'd like to block off NYC so that those freaks can't get out, but that's just me.

The old Burlington Coat Factory is the location of the new mosque...The address is 45 Park Place...go look at a map....
At least 38 Muslims died in the WTC..a good number worked there....and were good Americans.

Do you have an actual point here to make?

The Muslins of Lower Manhatten have been using the building all ready...and no one complaind until now...Go figure....
Illegally, probably.

another case of Obama Bashing...\

Who said anything about Obama, right up until he came out in favor of the thing...until his poll numbers said he shouldn't be, that is.

Read a bit more before you comaplin more.

Oh, The spot where the first American was killed by a British soldier that was called "The Bloody Massacre in King Street". on March 3, 1770..and that man was a free black man...who was killed by the British for no reason....and guess what...the place where he died and spilled blood in now in the middle of the road in downtown Boston.

Tun's Tavern, where the Marine Corps was born, is a parking lot (or similar). There's a plaque about 2 blocks over, and that's the only thing that lets people know about that historic event.

What does your example (a bad one at that) have to do with what's happening in the here and now?

Answer: not a thing.

BOP

I think this mosque is the equivalent of of building a Pedophile Priest Catholic Church in Boston.
I don't know enough about Islam to know it's doctrines are truly about killing the infidel or not. While I certainly don't approve of the mosque, I hesitate to condemn all Muslims and/or the entire Muslim faith because of a few bad apples. That's what many have done to my Catholic faith and I think its wrong.

Before you get too pious, your Catholic faith has done the exact same thing to millions, maybe billions of peope throughout history. Yeah, they're the good guys now, but they're not the absolute power that they used to be.

Matthew

>>>>>Cordoba refers to the Spanish town of Cordoba. In the 8th century, Muslims conquered the south of Spain and massacred many thousands of non-believers. Around 1100, the Muslim jurist Ibn Abdun formulated the following legal opinions:

No Jew or Christian may be allowed to wear the dress of an aristocrat, nor of a jurist, nor of a wealthy individual; on the contrary they must be detested and avoided. It is forbidden to [greet] them with the [expression], “Peace be upon you.” In effect, “Satan has gained possession of them, and caused them to forget God’s warning. They are the confederates of Satan’s party; Satan’s confederates will surely be the losers!” A distinctive sign must be imposed upon them in order that they may be recognized and this will be for them a form of disgrace.

In 1011, Muslims massacred the Jews of Cordoba. In 1066, in Granada, 4,000 Jews were killed in one day by Muslims. Despite the terrible bloodshed, there were periods of relative tolerance towards Christians and Jews in Al Andalus, but never based upon mutual recognition and respect but always under Muslim sovereignty<<<<<<<<

Why would they pick Cordoba for the name of their toilet if not to be provacative?

Unfortunately, history lessons are lost on those who probably hated the subject in school anyway. Beating Santyana like a dead horse is just what it is, a dead horse, because, we are going to repeat history over and over and wonder WTF happened.

Hessian

Multiplication...

"At least 38 Muslims died in the WTC..a good number worked there....and were good Americans."

There are over 1,000,000 muslims currently living in the US.
If they all died,.....
I would consider contributing to a small plaque somewhere in Deerborn Mi. agonizing over the waste of Burial space in America-and the cost of the burial shrouds.

Show me a "Good Muslim" and I'll show you that they are merely waiting for the overthrow of our constitution & way of life.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Ever been to Saudi Arabia? Didn't think so. It's not merely a religion, it's the law. And it hasn't changed since the 14th century.

This isn't Saudi Arabia, this is America.

I don't like this mosque being built where it is, but I don't think the state or federal government should stop it either.

libby

Before you get too pious, your Catholic faith has done the exact same thing to millions, maybe billions of peope throughout history. Yeah, they're the good guys now, but they're not the absolute power that they used to be.

Uh...what? The point I was making was directed at the insensitivity of the location, and I'm saying that the Catholic Church would be equally insensitive under the conditions I mentioned.
I'm also saying that I'm hesitant to condemn an entire religion that I know little about because of a small percentage of nutjobs, because that's what I think many have done to Catholicism.

Matthew

I think the point is that ALL organized religions have engaged in skullduggery. Again, no religion is blameless

When the English Protestants took Catholic Ireland, one way they broke the hold of the Papacy was to offer large land concessions to any Catholic scion who "converted"to the Protestant faith
Spanish Catholics forcibly converted the natives of the Americas within their spheres.
Many Christians were martyred for not sacrificing to images of the Emperors.

Muslims reduced those who refused to convert to servitude or just simply killed them outright, enslaving their families.

Even in literature, we see the absurdity in all, with Gulliver's travels and the comical
"which side was the correct side in breaking an egg".

Intolerance is universal: true tolerance, an overlooked orphan.

LC_Sulla

Read to page 3 of this thread.....

1. This mosque is NOT at ground zero.
2. The local government said it was ok.
3. The Imam pushing this has a long and good history with the US and even with your former, beloved leader President Bush.

Would you all like the federal gov't to come in and prohibit them from building this mosque? <--- totally rhetorical.

AMERICA! EFF YEAH! :patriot:

Matthew

1. George Bush (or referred to as George II) was an a**. He let opportunity fly from his hands at Tora Bora.
2. If its okay with the local government, then they should deal with it, realizing the consequences for the rest of us down the road.
3, Deception is deception, and if we allow ourselves to be so deceived, then we deserve getting hit again.

The Federal government is as shoddy as ever and not dependable. After all, they have been shown to be open to whomsoever has the cash, not including us, whom the bureaucrats consider their birthright to rob and plunder.

As you said , rhetorical, as they don't give a damn anyway.

bcp

In My Opinion
I dont think they should build the mosque 2 blocks from ground zero any more than they should allow a Catholic church to be built 2 blocks from an elementary school.

Matthew

I have suggested a multiculteral interfaith center honoring ALL victims , regardless of faith or national origin.
I wonder if the real funders would be open to that.

Pushrod

Patriot

I don't like this mosque being built where it is, but I don't think the state or federal government should stop it either.

No, but they should come out in a stong condemnation of that religion for the insensitivity of building it so close to the G0 site.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Well: I am sure this is no surprise to anyone.

The head Muslim in America supports building the Muslim Mosque at the New York site around the corner from Ground Zero.

FOXNews.com - Obama Comes Out in Favor of Allowing Mosque Near Ground Zero

Obama hosted the Muslims at the White House tonight for a Ramadan feast and used the dinner to ram it up Americans asses again in favor of the Muslims.

Not really surprising since he is one.

Because he's an idiot, he's already flip flopping all over his support now!!!:coffee:

PsyOps

Pixelated

So who should stop it? You know a lot has been thrown around about "freedom of religion" and "they have a right to build this Mosque..." We do have a right to practice our religion but that does not extend into having a right to build something anywhere we want. They do NOT have a right to build this Mosque. They do have a right to REQUEST to build this Mosque but the City does not have to approve it; and if the city denies for whatever reason, no one's right to practice their religion is being infringed upon.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to not allow this Mosque to be built strictly on the premise of the problems it would cause, in the better interest of the people, and out of respect of the 911 site.

PsyOps

Pixelated
1. This mosque is NOT at ground zero.

Close enough to stir up a lot of problems for the locals and those whose family members died there.

2. The local government said it was ok.

That doesn’t make it right.

3. The Imam pushing this has a long and good history with the US and even with your former, beloved leader President Bush.

Some interesting quotes by Imam Abdul Rauf:

Throughout my discussions with contemporary Muslim theologians, it is clear an Islamic state can be established in more than just a single form or mold. It can be established through a kingdom or a democracy. The important issue is to establish the general fundamentals of Sharia that are required to govern. It is known that there are sets of standards that are accepted by [Muslim] scholars to organize the relationships between government and the governed.

I wouldn’t say that the United States deserved what happened, but the United States policies were an accessory to the crime that happened.

Osama bin Laden is made in the USA.

I Do Not Believe in Religious Dialogue.

He refuses to condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization

Muslim Imam leading push to build a mosque near Ground Zero wavers on questions about Hamas as a terror group - NYPOST.com

I have no clue, at this point, what Bush has to do with this except you're toeing the Obama mantra of "It's all Bush's fault". This Imam is who he is because of him not Bush. And this doesn't have one damn thing to do with building this Mosque. If Bush is to blame for enabling this character, then how do you explain Obama giving this Imam his belssing to build the Mosque?

Last edited: