jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Not a huge new age music fan, but I absolutely LOVE this guy:

Who knew an electric harp would be so cool? :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
very cool! video's a little weird, but the music is great! Good call.

I thought you appreciate it - I don't particularly care for the video either but the music is great.

I have some far flung tastes in music at times. Here's another group I like that is hard to classify - here's their take of Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady:

They definitely put their unique spin on things. :lol:

BOP

I thought you appreciate it - I don't particularly care for the video either but the music is great.

I have some far flung tastes in music at times. Here's another group I like that is hard to classify - here's their take of Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady:

They definitely put their unique spin on things. :lol:

BOP

Indeed. :lol: How about some electric banjo?

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are just incredible. I've seen them a coupl e of times and it's always a spectacular show and amazing musical journey. :notworthy

Neber seen them live, but I've been listening to Fleck since the 90's with the New Grass Revival, and also with Asleep at the Wheel (who have a recent album with Willie Nelson, by the way).

Great stuff!

:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I was vaguely aware of Chic Corea back then, but those were my rock/southern rock days, and not much else.

Back in the mid 70s I was just learning the guitar I wanted nothing more than to be in a band that played Doobie Brothers, Chicago, Steely Dan, and other progressive rock bands. Then my older brother turned me on to Return to Forever and their Romantic Warrior album. I never turned back. I knew jazz was my musical destiny. I think my brother was angry at me for ruining his album for playing over and over.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Neber seen them live, but I've been listening to Fleck since the 90's with the New Grass Revival, and also with Asleep at the Wheel (who have a recent album with Willie Nelson, by the way).

Great stuff!

:buddies:

I've been listening to them since their second album, "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo," and must own most if not all of them. :lol: They did play down here in Calvert County one year in the early to mid 90s, but I didn't get a chance to attend. I've seen them at various venues: Wolf Trap, Merriweather, etc. Always a great show. And they have a new album coming out soon with the original lineup. :yay:

I'll have to check out those other recordings. I've heard a little of Bela's stuff with the New Grass Revival but would like to hear more.

BOP

I threw this out in another forum, but I'm listening to him right now. Sad that he was taken so young:

BOP

Just for You, Jazz

I've been a huge fan of zydeco for since the '70s, I think (except for that whole rock and roll obsession!):

Band called Buckwheat Zydeco doing that old standard Jambalaya...in French!

BOP

Another standard of Cajun music, "Toot, toot!" You can't talk zydeco unless you talk about the late, great Rockin' Sidney. There's versions I like better, but this is the original, sung on the late, great Ralph Emery show.

Depending on the circles you run in, this guy may or may not be obscure; the Ragin' Cajun, Doug Kershaw! I saw him at the Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, OK many years ago.

This guy isn't that obscure, but I really like this version:

Last edited:

BOP

Ray Wiley Hubbard, Lost Gonzo Band

I thought about posting this in "Just for Fun," but how many people remember the Lost Gonzo Band?

This was also covered by former bandmate Jerry Jeff Walker, as a solo act: