Ocean City considers offseason beach horse-riding

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Eww! That's gross! Why, they'd have to come up with some sort of massive system to filter and cleanse the horse crap and pee. I mean, just imagine how much material you'd need to do that? Where would they get it? How much would it cost?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Eww! That's gross! Why, they'd have to come up with some sort of massive system to filter and cleanse the horse crap and pee. I mean, just imagine how much material you'd need to do that? Where would they get it? How much would it cost?

Wouldn't the waves wash it away and mix it with all the fish poo? :biggrin:

Wouldn't the waves wash it away and mix it with all the fish poo? :biggrin:

I was driving up North of Corolla, NC on the beach and stopped to pick up what I thought was a piece of coral, sponge or a rock. There were a few of them on the beach. Turned out to be....horse poop. So the answer is "maybe sometime, but not for quite a while". First it gets flattened out and relocates to the high tide mark.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was driving up North of Corolla, NC on the beach and stopped to pick up what I thought was a piece of coral, sponge or a rock. There were a few of them on the beach. Turned out to be....horse poop. So the answer is "maybe sometime, but not for quite a while". First it gets flattened out and relocates to the high tide mark.

Horse "apples" are popular doggie snacks .... :howdy:

Katt

As if dogs don't poo on the beach? anyway, the ocean is just one big toilet anyway, so what's the difference? They ride on the beaches everywhere else, even in the carribean islands! I think it would help tourism. Besides, they do clean the beaches at night, probably not every night like in the summer. Where do you think Whale poo goes? lol I'm sure they poo bigger than horses.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Doesn't surprise me, they eat everything else. Road apples are fun to dodge too. Just make sure you are far enough behind the person ahead of you to see them.

Can't hurt your tires really. Ever driven behind a horse trailer that was "leaking" fluid from the back?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I found the perpetrator:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
And some folks say I don't know sh1t. :lol:

No, but when its really fresh...
No, I avoid horse trailors and garbage trucks. Nasty stuff comes out of them.

My mare gets on the trailer and immediately does all her business. I clean it up and toss down more bedding. Before we get to our destination she does it again and again ...... :cds: