Ocean City VS. Virginia Beach

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
The traffic to Ocean City is easier when you leave St. Mary's County no later than 5am on Saturday morning. Breakfast on the boardwalk at about 9am, and then we have until 3pm to kick around waiting to get into the condo. Sure beats waiting in traffic! I'd rather wonder what I'm going to do for 6 hours then wonder if I'm going to be there in 6 hours!

I've been to both and while Virginia Beach has that nice pathway for bikes etc and free concerts, they don't have Fisher's popcorn. Now that's my idea of good food!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by SeaRide
I rather go to my beachhouse on Chincoteague Island, drive on the beach using my 4x4 truck on Assateague Island on the VA side .. pick a remote spot on the beach right by the ocean. Full easy access to my truck to get whatever I need.. chair, umbrella, cooler, toys, jug of water,camera, shovel, tools, anything really.
You are such a tease :bawl:

SeaRide

Originally posted by migtig
You are such a tease :bawl:

you call that a tease? How about a kayak on top of my truck so I can paddle around on the ocean or the channel/bay among the marsh where I can actually smell the wonderful muck MUD. How about that?

:biggrin:

Jerrycat

Well, we ended up going to Ocean City. I must say we all had a great time... I loved the sand dunes near the northern end, the waves were large and the water was cleaner than I anticipated. Actually the beach itself was very clean. Not too impressed with the food/dining selection, but maybe you just need to go a lot to get acquanted with the good places. The traffic as expected was horrible, especially getting in and out of the main street. Parking was tricky as well. Anyway, I would go again but I am looking forward to seeing VB in the near future to compare the two!